StudentsReview :: The Savannah College of Art and Design - How to Get into Undergraduate SCAD

Rhode Island School of Design -- Providence, RI
Ringling School of Art and Design -- Sarasota, FL
Pratt Institute -- Brooklyn, NY

The Savannah College of Art and Design

Nov 08 2010Video/Media
I worked very hard in high school so that grades wouldn't hinder me when choosing what school was right for me. Actually because I took all AP classes, I was able to transfer in a lot of credit and that has opened up many electives for me to take so I can specialize more in my major. Also because of my tests scores and GPA, I received one of the highest scholarships they offer at SCAD. I highly recommend not slacking off your senior year and working your absolute hardest so that you can receive a scholarship and money won't be the deal-breaker in your decision for what college you will attend because SCAD really is a fabulous school.
SAT: 2110 Female
Oct 26 2010Unknown
To get in, apply. Submit a portfolio to make the money you spend reasonable.
ACT: 30 Male
Oct 23 2010Art & Design Department
I had some finances and a heartbeat. Admissions was suspiciously eager to do the rest...
Oct 17 2010Art & Design Department
Paid my tuition and had a pulse.
Oct 14 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Getting in isn't all that bad, it is staying in and taking advantag of what is offered that is hard. Visit the campus (or any other campus of the schools you are considering) to be sure you make the right decision. An Art and Desgin University is not right for everyone so take some time to figure out what your passion is first.
SAT: 1250 Female
Oct 11 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
Submitting a portfolio is not required, but I would reccomend doing so as it will help with potential scholorship money. Also, if you have them time I have heard good things about the summer programs.
SAT: 1450 Female