StudentsReview :: Stanford University - How to Get into Stanford (Undergraduate)

Yale University -- New Haven, CT

7.0%
% Overall
7.1%
Students who got into Stanford:

Tips mention: Interview (0), ACT/SAT (9), Grades (15), Sports/Extracurriculars (16), College Essay (8)

Aug 27 2013Biology
Stanford has the same requirements like other prestigious schools such as Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. That is not to say if you don't have the perfect 4.0 or 2400 SATS you will not get in, so do not get discouraged because these schools also desire personality and understanding of you as a person. Focus on the extracurricular aspect and strong essays for each school you apply and you just might land a spot.
SAT: 2300 Female
Aug 13 2010Archaeology
Be genuine in your application. It's not hard to sniff out bullshit.
SAT: 2120 Male
Mar 18 2010Animal Studies
I'd recommend winning at everything, if not all of it.
SAT: 2400 Female
Apr 05 2009Unknown
Honestly, I was shocked when I got in to Stanford. I was rejected from all of the other Ivy League Universities. I got an 33 ACT and an 1850 SAT. My academic GPA is a 4.1 and my unweighted is a 3.9. Extracurricular activities are key. I have run Track and Field since the 5th grade, even though I am far from the best. I play the guitar, perform service, and even went to Harvard Summer School the summer before my junior year. What I think they are looking for at Stanford is how well rounded a student is. I know that I may not even be in the top 20% of my graduating high school class, but I took risks in what classes I took. I filled my Stanford Application out completely honestly, probably because it was the last one I did. They aren't looking for conformity, but instead uniqueness. Answer their questions honestly and you'll be fine!! My best advice would be to be yourself and let that show on your application!!
Dec 25 2008Undecided
It is hard, not going to lie...but just do your best to present yourself as a motivated individual who has direction, personality, and brilliance. The school wants students who are going to do something with their education, so find what you want to do and be ready to portray that in your writing and your activities. Just know what you are getting yourself into. This is a hard school, do not expect to coast through it. Apply if you are ready for the challenge and if you are ready to meet the demands. This school wants the best, and it gets the best.
Aug 17 2008History/Histories (art history/etc.)
My only piece of advice: don't give a sh*t.
Stanford University