StudentsReview ™ :: Stetson University - How to Get into Undergraduate SU

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at SU
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into SU:

Tips mention: Interview (0), ACT/SAT (7), Grades (6), Sports/Extracurriculars (3), Essay (3)

May 14 2013Business - Management and Administration
It's really easy to get into. They make it seem like it's super competitive but it's not. Some people in my classes can barely read out loud.
Aug 17 2012Psychology
I only tried out for UF, New College, and Stetson University and Stetson was the only one who sent me an acceptance letter.
ACT: 27 SAT: 1400 Female
Nov 15 2011Communications
Maintain solid grades and scores. List activities you have participated in or attributes you have that you feel will contribute to the Stetson community. I believe the latter is one thing that they focus on.
SAT: 1780 Male
Dec 09 2010Business - Management and Administration
Make sure that you do have a fairly good score on either ACT or SAT. Be well-rounded, and show what you can bring to the table.
Jul 21 2010PreVet and Veterinary
I took a campus tour (which I highly recommend). And had a meeting with an admissions couselor.
I took many dual enrollment classes in highschool so my GPA was over a 4.0 and I was dedicated to 1 or 2 extra curricular activities during all 4 years. (cramming a bunch of stuff in senior year looks bad). I also held a part time job during junior and senior year.
SAT: 1260 Female
May 24 2010Sociology
Write a great (and honest) essay, and USE SPELLCHECK!! Don't slack off on your SATs. Demonstrate a passion for learning. Volunteer - Stetson is HUGE on volunteering. We call it community engagement - showing a consistent relationship with one particular community partner. But if volunteering isn't "your thing," show dedication to another activity.
SAT: 2080 Female