StudentsReview :: Syracuse University - How to Get into Undergraduate SU

46.8%
51.6%
% Overall
49.4%
Aug 08 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Achieving academics in high school and being involved during high school helps immensely during the application process.
Apr 17 2014Business - Management and Administration
Average grades. Nothing spectacular needed.
SAT: 1900 Female
Nov 08 2013Communications
I think I did too much. Lol. I did the hand-written application. Paid the fee (Because I thought that would show my eagerness (which is not true)). Made sure I had recommendations that could speak in depth about me. Let Admissions know how passionate I was. My SAT scores were solid but not stellar but I had a really good essay and my recommendations were awesome!
Jul 08 2013Architecture
Getting in was fairly competitive as I was wait listed. I had a 3.9 GPA and a 32 act but my SAT was around 1900. it could be because the architecture school is very selective...
ACT: 32 SAT: 1960 Male
Apr 15 2013PreMed and Medical
Syracuse is a well known school for many reasons other than just than our sports and popular alumni. Syracuse has been my dream school since I was very young. In high school I maintained a 3.9 GPA and had a 30 on my ACT. My sat was very low-1700 but I wrote a very concise supplement essay and expressed my interest for Syracuse. Some majors aren't very competitive and people with 3.5 can get in. For Newhouse, Engineering, Whitman and Falk a GPA of about 3.7 will definitely earn you a spot even if your test scores are average.

also I joined many clubs such as key club, honor society and Korean culture club. syracuse pretends to have a wholistic approach but from what I've heard that some applicions are tossed aside for better students. people here will tell you that you just have to be rich but even the New Jersey kids at very smart!

just try your best and you will make it

ACT: 32 SAT: 2000 Female
Nov 09 2012Economics
Can't really remember. I was overqualified and got a significant scholarship here.
ACT: 29 SAT: 1300 Male