StudentsReview :: Texas A & M University College Station - How to Get into TAUCS (Undergraduate)

Texas A&M International University -- Laredo, TX

65.5%
% Overall
63.4%
Jul 11 2014Chemical Engineering
I got a 30 on my ACT, Had 3 3's or higher on AP Exams, and only had 3 B's throughout all of High School. Getting in, for me, was easy. Living on campus, and noticing key traits about everyone else, I did get a feel for what A&M looks for in an applicant, though. First, be involved in at least one sport, for at least 1 year in high school. I'd say about 98% of Aggies are. Second, have a leadership position (treasurer, vice president, etc.) in at least one club in high school. Third, take at least 3 AP exams and score a 3 or higher on at least one of them (have college credit). Fourth, have an A-B student record, maybe one C, but your GPA should be mostly A's. And Fifth, score at least a 24 on the ACT or SAT equivalent. I didn't know ANYONE, with a score below that. Meet all those requirements, and you will most definitely get in!
ACT: 30 Male
Jul 10 2014Chemical Engineering
I got a 30 on my ACT, Had 3 4's on AP Exams, and only had 3 B's throughout all of High School. Getting in, for me, was easy. Living on campus, and noticing key traits about everyone else, I did get a feel for what A&M looks for in an applicant, though. First, be involved in at least one sport, for at least 1 year in high school. I'd say about 98% of Aggies are. Second, have a leadership position (treasurer, vice president, etc.) in at least one club in high school. Third, take at least 3 AP exams and score a 3 or higher on at least one of them (have college credit). Fourth, have an A-B student record, maybe one C, but your GPA should be mostly A's. And Fifth, score at least a 24 on the ACT or SAT equivalent. I didn't know ANYONE, with a score below that. Meet all those requirements, and you will most definatley get in!
ACT: 30 Male
Apr 07 2014Computer Science
I was an automatic admit. I would recommend other students save themselves and go elsewhere. I would not recommend this school.
SAT: 2240 Female
Feb 18 2014Nuclear Engineering
Not sure if this is exactly what's being asked but instate tuition (to those out-of-staters) with a >$1000 scholarship is really nice.
ACT: 29 Male
May 03 2013Electrical Engineering
Easy to get in, just make sure your GPA is decent.
Dec 16 2012Math
I applied as an out of state student so i was no eligible for automatic admission but with resumes, letters of recommendation, and a challenging course load I was accepted into my major.
ACT: 26 Male