StudentsReview ™ :: Tufts University - How to Get into Undergraduate TU

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at TU
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into TU:

Tips mention: Interview (6), ACT/SAT (8), Grades (17), Sports/Extracurriculars (11), Essay (12)

Mar 26 2014Economics
Studied hard, received good grades, had good outside activities and was an all-state athlete
ACT: 34 Female
Nov 08 2011Other
The essays! Put a lot of work in your writing because Tufts admission staff read all those essays you write very thoroughly. When I visited for April Open House, the lady handing me my welcome packet recognized my name because she had read my essays!
ACT: 35 Male
Sep 27 2011Other
optional essay. do it - it makes you stand out!
ACT: 28 Female
Feb 07 2011Biology
Got rejected at all the Ivy League schools I applied to.
SAT: 1170 Female
Aug 03 2010Political Science
I chose it as a safety and since I got a nice scholarship offer declined the Ivy leagues. I feel I achieved much more than my friends from Harvard or MIT and had more "in field" opportunities than them.
SAT: 1580 Female
Aug 03 2010Psychology
I think the international angle was a plus, but I had amazing grades. I didn't do the full IB because I couldn't take so many Higher Levels, but still did all the classes, and was involved as a leader in several clubs. I think they saw that I would be involved representing them in Debate, MUN, Drama etc.
SAT: 1290 Female