StudentsReview :: The University of Connecticut - How to Get into Undergraduate UCONN

The University of Connecticut

47.9%
% Overall
47.3%
May 04 2014Chemical Engineering
Its getting harder every year. get your extra circulars in line and write a KICK ASS essay
Apr 14 2014Biology
Apply early- like October/November early.
ACT: 34 SAT: 2110 Female
Mar 12 2014Finance
I went to Penn State University first, but seeing as I am from Connecticut the price of UConn was better and I transferred after my freshman year, regrettably. I say you get involved right away because you can have a really good social life here. If it weren't for the people I have met since transferring I probably would have left again.
SAT: 2100 Female
Jan 20 2014Public Policy
I took a lot of courses in high school through UConn's high school early-college-experience program, so that definitely helped. While I did not go the first time around, I believe that this was still beneficial the second time. My SAT math/verbal was 1200 on the old scale, but the competitiveness for this has definitely increased over the past few years. The big thing is doing well in your last couple of years of high school. I don't say this only because it is the most recent, but in these years most students take coursework that more directly relates to what they want to do in college because of electives. If you want to go into physics, do well in math and science. If you want to go into anthropology, do well in English and history. If you're heading for business, take some business and economics electives and at least pre-calculus. As a large school, GPA and SAT scores will definitely get you through the initial screenings, but it is your essay and related courses that will get you in. If you're undecided, try to take your electives across many subjects to give yourself the most options. It's hard to give advice on how to get into UConn in general because we have 100 majors now, but it's pretty well known how to get into the individual colleges/programs. Good luck!
SAT: 1200 Female
Nov 02 2013Psychology
I did Uconn endurance and Jujutsu for clubs. Both I enjoy to some degree. My classes are almost all psychology, as expected, but with a few English mixed in. It's difficult to get classes outside your major because the university puts hold on them for people in that major. Makes it difficult to fufill basic requirements.
SAT: 1810 Male
Sep 06 2013Biology
I had a 3.6 gpa and a 1900 SAT score, it was not hard to get in.
SAT: 1900 Female