StudentsReview :: The University of Central Florida - How to Get into UCF (Undergraduate)

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL

44.3%
% Overall
45.1%
Mar 25 2014Other
Extremly easy to get in. specially if youre a transfer student. If youre going as a freshman they'll tell you all this crap about how high the gpa scores from accepted students are but I met people who got in with a 2.7 gpa in high school with average sat scores.
Feb 07 2014Other
Transferred in from another university, regretting it after a year being here. Also heard easier transferring in after getting a A.A. at a Community college.
Sep 11 2013PreMed and Medical
I believe the current statistics for UCF's acceptance of high school seniors are SAT scores at the same level as UF typically requires, and a 3.85 mean GPA (which I think is higer than a lot of schools nationwide.) If you screwed off in high school as a freshman or just didn't start reallying trying until after your GPA was shot to crap, go the community college for 2 years route. However BE PREPARED FOR AN ACADEMIC SHOCK IF YOU TRANSFER FROM A 2 YEAR COLLEGE - WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU AN A STUDENT AT VALENCIA WILL MAKE YOU A C STUDENT AT UCF. MUCH HARDER, EVEN THE EXACT SAME CLASSES. If you can go to UCF as a freshman right out of high school, I would strongly STRONGLY recommend it! You want to learn how to study and prepare at a university level and not get your butt kicked like I did coming in as a junior with an AA degree.
Aug 31 2013Economics
I received an A.A. of Liberal Arts, so I basically could of got into an of the Florida universities. I tell everyone to do this because it is the most economical choice. There is no reason to spend more than your have to in this economy.
Jun 18 2013Public Health
You don't really need high scores to be accepted. Just apply and meet below average requirements and you will get into the school.

If you are looking for a teaching job, you don't need very high requirements either for most departments. I just did a comparison from UCF and top schools. Really this place is a joke.

Apr 17 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
The criteria was constantly going up when I was there so this may be of limited use. When I went in I was a member of both the National Honor Society and the Tri-M music honor society with a lot of hours clocked in volunteer work with the school's art department. My SAT score wasn't great at 1270, but my GPA was sitting at 4.98 and came in with a great deal of college credits. I never failed an AP exam, never had any discipline issues, and am a fairly good writer for that entrance essay (at least I'm told so).
SAT: 1270 Male