StudentsReview :: The University of Florida - How to Get into Undergraduate UF

45.0%
% Overall
43.2%
Jan 02 2014Philosophy
The selection process is arbitrary enough, but very exclusive. My admittance was perhaps the result of a statistical hiccup. I doubt any human beings are used for the selection process.
Nov 11 2013Business - Management and Administration
My SAT scores were high. I'm out of state, so I knew it would be harder for me to get in. Basically I made an effort to show my interest. I visited, which shows interest in itself since I'm from across the country. I think that really helps. Having a strong essay and communication with people in admission will help. They look at GPA a lot. I had a high GPA, but not compared to other people here because a lot of Florida schools offer more AP opportunities so they had higher weighted GPAs. Basically, if I relied on GPA alone, I probably wouldn't have gotten in. I had a lot of extracurriculars, strong test scores, and showed my interest.
SAT: 1280 Female
Jun 29 2013Political Science
If you're not a National Merit, top GPA, SAT, IB etc then transfer with great grades from an accredited Florida Community College.
May 21 2013Language - French/Spanish/etc.
I wasn't the best student in high school and I don't even remember my SAT/ACT scores. I went to a community college, pulled good grades there and got in as in-state. I was applying for a major that is doing a nose dive though, so they were taking most anyone who applied. In state is priority. Pull average or better and you could get in. Its best to be at least a 3.5 gpa with some letters and volunteer work. Apply early, its key!
Aug 21 2012Accounting
I was a transfer student, I never would have been accepted straight from HS. Work hard, be involved and do your research.
May 19 2012Political Science
To get in, make sure you have a little bit of everything, they are truly starting to look for well-rounded students more than anything. So have good grades, good ACT/ SAT, lots of community service, play a sport, be in clubs, do it all.
ACT: 29 SAT: 1250 Male