StudentsReview :: The University of Illinois Urbana Champaign - How to Get into UIUC (Undergraduate)

University of Illinois -- Chicago, IL
Northwestern University -- Evanston, IL

UIUC says:
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign offers more than 150 degree programs in the eight undergraduate colleges that are open to freshmen. Each college admits students on a competitive basis. When you apply to the University, you must apply to one of the colleges. You must also choose a curriculum or major.

Admission to all of the colleges at the University is selective. The University is fortunate to receive applications from outstanding high school seniors each year, and more than half of the entering freshmen come from the top 10 per cent of their high school classes. Due to the demand for space in all programs, there is rarely an opportunity to be considered for a second choice.
Your Combined ACT:
68.7%
% Overall
67.6%

Students who got into UIUC:

Tips mention: Interview (1), ACT/SAT (50), Grades (52), Sports/Extracurriculars (22), College Essay (24)
I went here for the high ranking but wasFeb 28 2015Business - Management and Administration
I went here for the high ranking but was so disappointed. I would recamend another instate school really any other. unless you really like corn apparently thats all thats here.
ACT: 20 Female
I attended a community college for 2 years, got 4Feb 14 2015Math
I attended a community college for 2 years, got 4.0 GPA, cleared all general education courses and calculus 1-3 sequence and I recommend everyone to do the same thing, save yourself and your parents some money.
My ACT was slightly lower than our BUS AverageJan 19 2015Finance
My ACT was slightly lower than our BUS Average. I applied with a 27, 28 Superscore.

Top 10% of my Class.

I think what sold me was that I went to state 7 times. (Speech, Band, DECA)

Have a brand when you apply, and as long as you can articulate that, you shouldn't have any problems. We want students who are involved and passionate about UIUC. We don't just want grade whores or kids who want a "good education".

We make students take ownership in UIUC, that's why everyone feels like they "belong" here.
ACT: 28 Male

if you are going for animal sciences be forewarnedDec 05 2014Animal Studies
if you are going for animal sciences be forewarned that if you intend to learn about small domestic animals like cats and dogs, forget it! this school is based on livestock and farm work...you are going to learn everything about animals most of us don't plan to work with. the professors travel a lot and don't really give the best advice on getting into vet school if that is your future plans. the school gives us "student advisers" but the thing is that nearly 100% of the professors when they were younger applied to vet school and didn't get in...so now they teach. should we really be getting application advice from people who never got in themselves?
I got in not based on grades but myJul 31 2014Public Policy
I got in not based on grades but my essay and my activities and leadership skills
ACT: 23 Male