StudentsReview :: The University of Oregon - How to Get into Undergraduate UO

82.8%
% Overall
78.8%
May 03 2014Economics
Anyone can graduate high school will be accepted with the rare few rejections. This is apparent when you begin to meet other students; they let everyone in. I could have used my common app essay, but I wrote some bullshit about a tree that I used as a metaphor for strength and they probably didn't read it because I had above the minimum GPA and SAT score. This is not a selective school. Yes, you will be accepted.
SAT: 2020 Male
May 30 2013Computer Science
Every year UO becomes significantly more competitive. I recommend keeping your GPA at around 3.4 and above, then SAT scores around 1800. Put a lot of effort into your essay.
SAT: 2060 Male
Feb 27 2013Other
It is not hard at all to get into the University, it's something like 3.0 GPA is automatic acceptance
Feb 28 2012Journalism
As an in-state student, my high school GPA was enough for me to gain entry to the University of Oregon. I suggest you develop a disciplined work ethic in high school so your transition to college will be easier. Classrooms of 200 or more students can be overwhelming, but you generally only have large classes your first two years. As long as you stay motivated, you have every opportunity to succeed.
SAT: 1260 Male
Jul 27 2011Chemistry
Complete your classwork in High School and challenge yourself. Take AP classes to get college credit. Get an 1800 or better on SAT
SAT: 2060 Male
May 31 2011Art & Design Department
I entered with a 3.71 GPA from the University of Phoenix. I would not recomend UO, I would not feel good about myself if I led someone to believe UO was worth their time.
Get free info from: The University of Oregon