StudentsReview :: The University of Pennsylvania - How to Get into UPENN (Undergraduate)

Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania -- Bloomsburg, PA

12.6%
% Overall
12.4%
Jun 01 2013Physics
I think the most important thing is your "Why Penn?" essay. Just produce some garbage about the spirit of the university or something and make it sound all buttery and you should be in no problem (assuming you have good stats).
May 30 2013Economics
The essays are the most important thing; work on them, work hard, but be honest and true to yourself. I learnt more about myself writing it than in two years of IB.
SAT: 1570 Male
May 14 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I did my studio art at Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts (PAFA) and came to UPENN through the LPS program, mostly evening courses. Its a great dual enrollment program offering the best of studio guidance at PAFA and the best of fine arts Classwork at UPENN. If you want the best fine arts education this is it. Better than RISD/Brown dual enrollment and better than MICA's program in my opinion.
May 06 2011Finance
There's no formula really. Just excel in every aspect of the application process. The students here are pretty diverse so it's fair game (in the sense of what you have to offer personally) for everyone really
Dec 24 2010Engineering Department
I applied early decision and did a lot of work in high school to give my application and resume some substance. I was top of my class and participated and held leadership positions in a bunch of clubs and varsity sports. I played up my sense of humor in my essays which I'm sure couldn't have hurt. I'd recommend making your application stand out and if you're set on Penn like I was, go early decision.
SAT: 2160 Male
Sep 29 2010Chemistry
Study hard! Valedictorians are heavily recruited at Penn!
SAT: 1290 Male