StudentsReview :: The University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Campus - How to Get into UP (Undergraduate)

University of Delaware -- Newark, DE

57.6%
% Overall
57.8%
Jul 29 2014Computer Engineering
Do well in high school. Consider going elsewhere, though; your education is important.
Mar 03 2014Philosophy
Have an individualized an interesting essay that sticks out and makes the admissions faculty remember you. Reach out to admissions board etc... and build a strong relationship with the school before you begin the application process.
SAT: 1170 Male
Dec 18 2013Mechanical Engineering
Apply EARLY. If you don't get in the first time, take your SATs again, and if they approve, APPLY AGAIN. My friend did this and got in the second time around.
Nov 05 2013Unknown
94 GPA, 2 clubs, participated in 2 sports. I did a lot of volunteering though, I think that's what overall helped me get into the school.
Just make sure you're a well rounded individual. I was 50/almost 800 kids in my class.
Jul 23 2013Chemistry
I originally had to withdraw from another school back years ago for family health emergency which left my GPA at like a 1.67 (terrible). After a few years I attended CCAC here in Pittsburgh and maintained above a 3.5+ GPA for their institution, getting into our honors college, so a combined 2.44 avg GPA. I got really good recommendation letters, wrote a personal statement that explained my time at my first school, and my transfer essay. I was admitted no problem, within a week or so. I even applied very very late, around early May. I had a 1150 out of the old SAT score, very good high school grades with tons of extracurricular activities.

Overall I don't see how they're super selective, I guess just either do very well to begin with or if you have any bad history just write a really amazing essay and statements. Recommendations that are current too!

SAT: 1150 Female
Jul 11 2013Math
I did nothing to get in this university. I have one more year before I graduate high school and receive offer from pitt, now I regret taking this offer.
DO NOT GO TO PITT! I wasted my 3 yrs to tell you this!!!