StudentsReview :: The University of Wisconsin Madison - How to Get into Undergraduate UWMa

The University of Wisconsin Madison

69.7%
% Overall
66.5%
Students who got into UWMa:

Tips mention: Interview (0), ACT/SAT (33), Grades (55), Sports/Extracurriculars (17), Essay (12)

Jul 27 2014Engineering Department
Did well in high school, did decent on some tests and then wrote an essay about how the lake on campus was nice and I wanted to sail
ACT: 34 Female
Mar 19 2014Undecided
I took 7 AP classes my last two years of high school (total) and was involved in many, many extracurriculars.
ACT: 25 SAT: 1150 Female
Feb 26 2014Language - French/Spanish/etc.
Honestly I dont know, I don't work for admissions....how is one to answer this question? I do not know the deciding factor that granted my admissions, nor can I speculate this...
ACT: 21 Female
Feb 14 2014Electrical Engineering
I wasn't a great student in high school. got around 3.3 with little to no effort. Pulled a 31 on my ACT with a 35 in math which helped when trying to get into engineering. I'm a good writer too, so my essays were pretty on point. What probably put me over the edge the though were my parents being legacies and a letter of recomendation from the superintendent of my school district who used to play football for the Badgers.
ACT: 31 Male
Oct 05 2013Biology
I had a 3.6 GPA and 27 ACT score, and was deferred and eventually let in. I only did one sport in high school, but took part in a summer foreign exchange program.
ACT: 27 Female
Aug 01 2013PreMed and Medical
Don't even apply. They make it seem like it's a good school but really it is such a waste of 4 years. Don't put yourself through that!
ACT: 35 Female