StudentsReview :: Wake Forest University - How to Get into WFU (Undergraduate)

Duke University -- Durham, NC

41.0%
% Overall
39.9%
Oct 23 2012Economics
People make the essays sound FAR too difficult.

The essays are the primary deciding factor along with your High School GPA. Be honest and creative in the essays. Contact someone for help if you don't completely understand a question. Finish the essays over the span of a couple days. Go back after a break and critique them. You NEED to sound intelligent.

Last, DO AN INTERVIEW. Interviews are "optional", meaning you are going to have a much greater chance of getting in just by showing up. If you have a particular academic interest, state it in the interview application so you can get the right interviewer. I actually really enjoyed my interview: It was more like a conversation than anything else. We talked about me, my life, his experience at Wake, and what I want to get out of it. He also asked some typical Personality Analysis questions, but if you're smart enough to get into Wake you'll be able to answer these pleasurably.

Just be personable and show a good academic record, and you'll be more successful in the application process. The more that you "do", the better a chance you have.

Mar 18 2012Math
Despite how the school administration pretends, Wake admits 40% its applicants. If you did well in school (they don't even consider SAT scores that much), you will probably be accepted. If you are a minority, that would probably help a lot.
ACT: 30 SAT: 1500 Male
Jan 19 2012Business - Management and Administration
Study hard and take a rigorous course load. Focus on two or three extracurricular activities and leadership roles. Spend time on your essays and remember that you can apply after the completion of your junior year. Definitely schedule an on campus interview.
Good luck!
SAT: 2290 Male
Aug 02 2010Biology
Here's the thing: I wrote my essay for Wake approximately two hours before it was due. It was the most genuine thing I've ever written. I think that essay was what got me in.

Wake Forest cares about the person you are. Don't play the game and try to be what you think Wake thinks the picture-perfect applicant is. Try to enjoy high school, you'll only go through it once. Find things you enjoy doing, and try to get better at them, whatever it may be. In the words of our Admissions Director, "bloom where you are planted". Make the best of your situation and take advantage of every opportunity. Challenge yourself. Write a damn good essay and make sure that it represents the best that you can be.

ACT: 35 SAT: 2260 Female
Jul 03 2010Computer Science
I worked hard, almost made top 3 at my high school (I went to a pretty prestigious private school in North Carolina). Pretty good SAT scores, even though Wake declared that it would not consider SAT as meaningful as it used to. I did lots of ec's, and I added some eccentricity to my application essays.
My advice is though, 'don't get stressed too much!'
SAT: 2100 Male