StudentsReview :: Western Illinois University - How to Get into WIU (Undergraduate)

Western Illinois University

65.2%
% Overall
65.6%
Feb 14 2013Other
You don't really have to much of anything to get into this school (except call and continuously visit the admissions counselors until one of them decides to grace you with the honor of actually counseling you and guiding you through the admissions process) that should have been my first clue this was going to be a bad experience. I must be a glutton for punishment.
Mar 09 2012Undecided
I really didn't do as much as I wanted but at WIU there are sooo many activities, there is something for everybody, and if you don't see anything that you think is for you, you can always come up with an activity.
ACT: 20 Female
Dec 11 2011Other
I had a 21 on my ACT and a 2.3 GPA in high school. It's not hard to get in. If you dont meet either the GPA minimum which is a 2.5 or the ACT minimum which is a 21, you will still get in under a program called Academic Services. All that means is you are on "warning" and you have to meet with your advisor 8 times a semester and you can't rush a fraternity or sorority. It's not a big deal at all. A lot of people are on probation or warning and they get off of it pretty fast. To get off of probation/warning, you need to complete 24 credit hours and have a 2.5 GPA minimum.
ACT: 21 Female
Nov 04 2011Social Work
i didn't do any thin much to get in. To be real with you I didn't think I would get in at all an transferring from a two year college and my grads from this school are not really good. I only have a 2.3 gpa and did not take the sat and still got in without any hard work so everyone else should be fine.
Sep 13 2011Criminal
The best way to start is to get to know your floor. Some of my best friends are the guys I got to meet/hang out with on my floor. A year later, we all managed to get rooms on the same floor again with eachother in the upperclassmen dorms! There are always activities going on at WIU. Get involved!
ACT: 20 Female
Aug 25 2011Criminal
All you have to do is apply, Usually they are not picky about who they choose. Obviously the higher GPA you have the lower your ACT score can be. I had a 3.4 GPA in high school and I got a 17 on the ACT.

They really don't look at the ACT that much as long as you have a good GPA.

ACT: 17 Male