StudentsReview :: Rollins College - How to Get into RC (Undergraduate)

Stetson University -- Deland, FL

54.6%
% Overall
53.8%
Jul 27 2014Psychology
I maintained a very high GPA in high school as well as long term extracurriculars. I also achieved higher than average standardized test scores.
ACT: 30 SAT: 2020 Female
Apr 28 2013PreMed and Medical
I found it fairly easy to get into Rollins. I believe I just filled out the application online, that included some small paragraphs on what I wanted to do and sent in my test scores and high school transcripts. I don't know many people who did not get into Rollins.
ACT: 27 Female
Dec 16 2011Political Science
I had a 1970 SAT, ran or held leadership positions in several student organizations, won English Student of the year in High School, and have an IQ of 144. Any one of those will do, all of those combined is grotesquely superfluous. Being anything but comically unintelligent is a key to entry, and even those with middle-school academic chops can be accepted if the right strings are pulled or it's done through the proper channels. If you're eligible for a full scholarship like I was, you might want to consider somewhere else, however!
SAT: 1330 Male
Apr 30 2011Political Science
I had a good SAT score, good GPA and was the leader or a member of many clubs and organizations in high school. Any one of those would have gotten me accepted to this institution, and I probably could have gotten away with none of those if I was wealthy enough, but this is prevalent among even the most prestigious private colleges and Universities, I can promise you that. I can with equal honesty admit to you that the experience at Rollins college you have will depend upon what you make of it. I'm more intelligent than 90% of Rollins students and likely their graduates as well, but if I continue to receive the feedback that I have been given and the opportunities/scholarships continue to roll in, I'm in a better position than I could have been at literally any other college or university in Florida, and bear in mind I was eligible for admission to University of Miami's Honors program.
SAT: 2080 Male
Oct 07 2010Communications
Applied and was accepted, because i was a transfer from a local community college the transition was very simple.
ACT: 24 Male
Jun 27 2010English
To get into Rollins, I had an awesome GPA, was in the top 5% of my graduating class, fantastic letters of reccomendation, and had the worst SAT scores ever. (Stupid math portion of it.) All in all, you should have pretty good grades and people to back you up. I thought it was relatively simple to get in.