StudentsReview :: Salve Regina University - How to Get into SRU (Undergraduate)

Providence College -- Providence, RI

70.9%
% Overall
69.5%
Dec 01 2013Communications
They care a lot about who you are as a person. Wow them with what you did in your community to make a difference. As a Catholic, Sister of Mercy school they want to see that you have devoted your time to some sort of community service project or something that reaches out to others. They also want to see enterprise. What have you done on your own initiative and how can you bring that "go-getter" mindset to campus. Also, what really helped me was getting to know my admissions councelor. It is so easy! As a small school the admissions office is totally accessible. Take advantage of when these people visit your high school. Get contact information and send emails. I badgered the woman who came to my high school with emails like, "I'm so excited to hear back, is there anything else I can do to better my application? are their any special events I can visit? etc." Let them know you care, get your name on their mind and they will pull for you to get in.
Nov 25 2013English
I was simply involved and cared about my schooling when in High School. I researched similar schools, visited different types of campuses, and chose Salve because I felt most comfortable here.
SAT: 1750 Female
Sep 14 2013English
I was wait-listed at several other universities that I assumed I would get into such as Brown University, Dartmouth College, and Vassar. I didn't know very much about Salve, but had met an admissions counselor at my high school so I contacted her and she allowed me to apply late. Originally, I planned to transfer after freshmen year, but fell in love with the school- campus, students, and faculty and am now in my junior year.
Sep 14 2013Sociology
I applied. Its a great university with a great community.
SAT: 1530 Female
Aug 30 2013Education
It was easy to get into the school. I never interviewed and was an average student. I just recommend a good college essay and to make sure you like it and then go
Feb 18 2013Undecided
I applied, had citizenship, and a diploma. You're basically in.
SAT: 1600 Female