StudentsReview ™ :: Seattle University - How to Get into Undergraduate SU

(on ACT score alone)
Your Chances at SU
(on SAT score alone)
Students who got into SU:

Tips mention: Interview (1), ACT/SAT (0), Grades (7), Sports/Extracurriculars (1), Essay (2)

Apr 17 2014Nursing
I graduated sum cud laude from a 4 year private university.
I did a lot of volunteer work in and out of the healthcare environment.
I was also employed in healthcare environments.

Judging from other people that have been admitted, I over did it.

Apr 28 2012Electrical Engineering
My grades weren't so hot in high school and college, but I am very involved with every school I attend. In high school I was a club president. At a community college I worked two jobs on campus and was a officer for another club. I do volunteer work outside of school. When I applied I wrote about all the activities I was involved in and how I would continue to do so at SU.
Feb 07 2012Undecided
Not hard at all just be able to pay and they dont care
ACT: 24 Female
Aug 27 2010Nursing
Have pretty good grades- A's and B's- but it might have helped that I came from a jesuit school as well. Have a few volunteer opportunities to present. You should be fine getting in.
Aug 24 2010Psychology
Transfered in, earned good grades at my former school and went through the application process.
Aug 06 2010History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Getting in to SU is fairly straight-forward. I got in based on my essay, grades, and applying. Yes, if you make a decent GPA and can string together a coherent essay you will get accepted.

I recommend coming to campus, if possible, and walking around to see how it feels. I walked both University of Washington and SU. SU felt like home to me. UW is bigger and though nice just felt to impersonal. Don't be afraid to ask questions of students, or professors when you come visit. Make an appointment in the department you will be attending and talk to some of the people there. If you can't come to campus e-mail a representative and ask questions. I found the faculty and staff were very helpful and willing to answer my questions.

Ranking Similar Schools by Education Quality