StudentsReview ™ :: Mark a survey Invalid or inform SR staff
      Students Know Best Since 2000.

Who's got the Best (variable)?

Submit My Review
Dynamic Rankings
Compare U's
About that Major?
Career & Salaries

Mark a survey and Inform Staff
Please do not overuse -- this is just intended to notify SR staff of probably invalid surveys. We will not "edit" or censor existing valid surveys.

This Survey/Comment is:
High Grammatical Error
Malicious Intent/Faked
Probably Admissions
Added notes (max 100 chars):

Please remember that all surveys, even vulgar ones or those with poor grammar, convey something about the student body and the institution.

Existing Review Notes:
Administration:

Peer Review:

Statistical Analyzer:

Survey (Identifying information hidden.)
2004_BRILLIANT: 0.00000 2004_IVY: 0.00000 2004_WEIGHTING: 0.00000 ACT: 27 AcademicSuccess: 9.23 Again: 1 Attitude: 0 Competitive: 9.23 Creativity: 6.92 ExCuricular: 6.92 FAttitude1: 1 FAttitude2: 1 FAttitude3: 0 FAttitude4: 0 FAttitude5: 0 FAttitude6: 0 FacultyAcc: 9.23 Friendly: 9.23 FromArea: 1 FundingUse: 6.92 Gender: 1 GradYear: 14 Grounds: 9.23 Intellect: 3 Maint: 9.23 MindExpect: 3 MindUse: 3 Programs: 9.23 SAT: 0 SAttitude1: 1 SAttitude2: 0 SAttitude3: 0 SAttitude4: 1 SAttitude5: 0 SAttitude6: 0 SAttitude7: 1 SAttitude8: 1 SCKEY: 86468 Safety: 10.00 Social: 4.61 Standing: 2 SurroundingCity: 4.61 TAclasses: 1 Usefulwork: 8.46 WEIGHTING: 0.45805 Worth: 6.92 unsubscribe: 0 No/invalid Email Address left

At the beginning I felt completely out of place. My family was Catholic and we never went to church and I felt like an outsider when I first came to Bethel. I came to play sports not to find my relationship with God. That being said the first months were hard. I made some super religious friends and eventually we had a falling out. A warning: many of the freshman put on a very religious attitude in the beginning, however usually this facade begins to calm down as the months go on. Some girls put on a fake attitude the entire time and still think they are in high school, but people will ignore them and they typically transfer anyways. Eventually, you begin to see people as people again and not apostles. However, as time grows on, I have made new friends and we all accept each other for who we are. I love the sports programs and I love the people on my team. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. The food is amazing. However, if you are an out of state student, almost all freshman leave on weekends. There is also not much to do on weekends which is why most people go home. You have to take religious courses, but as long as you go to class you should can pass them. If you are religious you will love this school. They are very open with religion where you pray in classes and discuss how God is in your life. They have chapel on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday which most people seem to enjoy going to. Even if you aren't religious, it is a great community once you find the right people. You will get a great education here. The courses tend to be challenging but fair in my opinion. If you are going into nursing, chemistry, or biology this is especially true, where the nursing program itself only admits 60% of applicants. There isn't much partying that goes on, but if that's your scene you can find other people who will join you. Believe it or not people do drink at Bethel just not as much as people who go to state schools or large universities. Bethel takes time to get used to, but in my experience it was worthwhile. I've met some amazing people and I love the psychology department. Many people don't understand why I stay at Bethel because I'm not religious, but I've learned to adapt and make the best of the situation. Those who are religious seem to really enjoy the campus and furthering their relationship with God. Overall, be patient and you will see that this school is pretty amazing.

Link me!
Forward me!

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Powered by Campus Explorer