StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Huntsville Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I come from an international background and wasQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I come from an international background and was not sure as to what expect when coming to school in Huntsville, AL. However, since day one I have felt at home at UAH. Everyone has been really friendly including teachers, administration, and students. Huntsville definitely stands out from other cities in AL attracting a quite multicultural and technological advanced community thanks to the Space and Rocket Center.

I initially came to UAH because I was recruited to play on the tennis team. I have become very involved on campus in different clubs, as well joined a sorority my sophomore year. Social life is what you make it at UAH. It is not going to pop out at you...you have to look for it. Nevertheless, the size of our community enables you to find your preferred social scene pretty easily. Greeks and athletes have a large presence on campus, being the main ones who throw the parties. The downtown bars/clubs scene is visited by much of the same crowd. However, I think that this is probably a minority at UAH as most students are either commuters or prefer to stay in.

Engineering is a big deal at UAH since it is so close to the Redstone Arsenal. The Nursing program is pretty big here too. The College of Business is nationally ranked and is among the top 10% of the nation. The GE classes can start off pretty "easy" but then as you get further along into your major program, classes become more challenging. Students help each other out and create study groups together. My teachers have always been open and easy-accessible.

Most notably, I have found a great group of friends here who I know I will have for a lifetime.
UAH has provided my the opportunity to go to grad school as I am now looking at acceptances to continue my graduate studies at Boston University, George Washington University and The University of Denver.

I would not exchange my experience at UAH for anything. Good luck and go Chargers!

4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
I am an accoutingNot so brightAccounting
I am an accouting major and have much success at UAH. I will say this, engineering and nursing are clearly the top dogs of importance at this university and most of the liberal arts are a bit lacking. My experience, however, has been great and if I had to do it all over again I most certainly would.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Preparedness: Reputation:
The group projects droveQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The group projects drove me nuts sometimes but they truly helped with the real world which is a huge group project. Also I am now in Graduate School and I feel very prepared. My recommendation is to study what you enjoy and the money will follow.
Starting Job: Marketing; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+