StudentsReview :: The University of Alaska - Anchorage Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Not terrible, but could be better.Quite BrightAccounting
Not terrible, but could be better. Campus wireless network is a joke - with is a big problem when you need to use the internet for research, papers, etc. Im sure they'll fix it at some point but the fact that it's been messed up for months tells you a little about the school.

The policy of requiring students to buy their own scantron forms/bluebooks is frustrating, we should not have to go out of our way and pay to get the forms we are required to have to take our tests.

Some annoying fees, for example part of your tuition pays for printing credit in the library, which is wasted money if you have a printer at home.

Campus is bland overall.. not extremely old or falling apart, but not fresh and especially ascetically pleasing.Campus does a surprisingly good job of bringing up comedians and other performers for student shows - considering we are in Alaska. Don't expect something to be happening every night.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
I transferred from UAF, and wished that IQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I transferred from UAF, and wished that I never left. I have been here for a year and it has been horrible. The only majors or programs worth entering into is nursing, WWAMI, and aviation. I felt that I wasn't challenge at all, and that I wasted money on a D- education. I have had several problems with faculty, staff, and admin (university center-financial aid, etc). I have talk to people in different departments and other students, and have to sum up that UAA is nothing but a big community college. UAF by far is the better pick in Alaska and then APU. UAA should not be on anyone's list for college choices. The housing and res life do not communicate, and the apartments are run down. The residence halls are new, but you have to have a meal plan that doesn't roll over.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
Since I am a resident of Alaska itAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
Since I am a resident of Alaska it was cheap but do not think the price was worth the education at University of Alaska Anchorage. The adviser of the university was always busy and have given my younger brother wrong advises. This university is a waste of time. If you have the chance do not come to this university because the professor here will just teach you out of the book. It is worth it to clep out or dante out of the courses you need.
5th Year Female -- Class 2009