StudentsReview :: The University of Central Arkansas Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I really wish IBrightFinance
I really wish I hadn't entered the honors college. I missed the chance to minor in a better subject area because of the activities. It is directly related to why I can't get a job.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Unless you just like to spend your timeBrightFinance
Unless you just like to spend your time at small frat houses drinking booze, stay away from here. Students don't care about academics and I would bet I'm in the 2% of students here who do NOT participate in underage drinking. If you want a school to get your basics done for cheap then I recommend going here for about two years but get out after that. There is also NOTHING to do in town, it is incredibly boring and crowded. And if you lan on living in the dorms, then stay in the honors dorms, or else you will be living in horrid conditions. Overall, I don't recommend going to UCA.
1st Year Male -- Class 2010
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
I will be graduating from UCA next summer.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I will be graduating from UCA next summer. I have found that the University administration is a bit out there and incompetent at times, but that the faculty in the College of Business and many other colleges more than make up for it. I have been taught more about business than most of my friends who were at top business schools. It is also nice to know that there are campus resources that can help you with just about anything. Thanks to Career Services, I have a great internship for the Spring semester, and a job waiting for me to graduate which pays very well. My advisor is one of the brightest and most sincere people I have ever met. The campus is nice, small enough to walk to class and get there on-time. The greeks are pretty active, even though some of them are assholes. There is a very, very diverse student populus. I have many international students in my classes and it is hard to label anyone a minority since every ethnic group and race seem to be represented in reasonable numbers. There are a few religious zelots and rednecks to deal with, but many go through there college career without dealing with these idiots. "Alternate" lifestyles will find the campuse to be warm and welcoming with a very close knit community for support. One word of warning if you are Catholic and didn't grow up in Conway going to St. Joe's.....the Catholic community here is a bit skewed toward the protestant. The deacon who runs College Campus Ministry is super nice and dedicated, but he is a convert and his teachings are very conservative. He is also very influencial at the Church and with the youth at St. Joe's and the priest does feel a bit overwhelmed by this. Basically, the deacon and general Catholic populus here are a bit anti-drinking, etc. To work with the youth at St. Joe's, you have to sign a statement saying that you won't even be around alcohol. I don't know about some of you....but we sell beer at my home parish during celebrations and the annual picnic. For those who don't find the Conway Catholic community to your liking....Little Rock is super close and many of us carpool to Christ the King, or the Cathedral for mass, etc. Conway is a nice town. Small town feel, but big enough to have most of what you need. It is in a dry county and Conway fights to stay dry, but don't worry....some restaurants have their liquor license and more get theirs everyday. There are 3 colleges in this town, so there is typically something to do. If you like sports....it's a great campus for that.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006