StudentsReview :: California State University - San Bernardino Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Coming to this school I was very skeptical,Quite BrightAccounting
Coming to this school I was very skeptical, because of where it's located. My first year wasn't the best the classes were harder than I thought they would be. But now that I'm finishing my second year here, I glad to say that I actually enjoy being at this school. The staff try their best to help you, Financial Aid office is getting better but still needs some improvement. This is a commuter school so don't expect to have the college social life experience here if you want to make friends you have to be willing to start conversation with other or join Clubs. Over all the school is really nice and a great place to obtains good education at a reasonable price.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Preparedness: Reputation:
Cal-State San Bernardino really changed my life.Quite BrightEconomics
Cal-State San Bernardino really changed my life. I was reluctant to go there at first because it's not one of the big-name schools, but I'm so happy I went there. I'm currently in graduate school at another university with a very homogenous population, and I can tell you one of the greatest things about CSUSB is the diversity of students. There are so many different cultures and sub-cultures, I really found it to add to the richness of the school.

Additionally, the fact that it's a Cal-State means that most of your classes are going to be taught by PhDs. Unlike many UCs and bigger-name schools whose classes are taught by TAs, you get quality education and networking from professors who are professionals in their field. I have generally found the faculty at Cal-State to be very helpful and genuinely concerned for the success of their students. They are not worried about research, because it is not a research-focused university. Rather, they are there to invest in students.

Furthermore, there is a lot to do. SOOO many great places to eat on Hospitality, which is right off the 10 freeway.

The social scene is also not bad. Though it is a commuter school, there was always something to plug into if you were interested in it. Salsa, open mic nights, sororites, church groups, basketball games, dancing, theater, there was always something going on.

One of the only negative things is that because of the nature of the demographics, most people at the school are not looking to go to graduate school, so a lot of the programs do not prepare you for that. If you're thinking about going to graduate school or getting a professional degree, you're definitely going to have to do some research on your own, take extra classes, and ask around. This is probably one of the disadvantages.

Other than that, any school is what you make it. I loved Cal-State. I wouldn't mind going back to teach there someday.The only negatives about this school is

Reputation: D+
Avoid the college of business! The dept isQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Avoid the college of business! The dept is only concerned about pleasing its cash cow International students - they were the only ones surveyed for satisfaction while I was there. The woman handing out satisfaction surveys was hesitant to give me one since I was a "domestic" student. Since many of the faculty were blatantly "winging it" they could count on getting bad reviews from the "domestics".

They know the International students are cheating en masse (they have large libraries of tests from lazy professors)and give this tacit approval since they want them to be happy and send others (and their $$) from their home countries. The curriculum focuses on rote memorization, as is popular overseas. This is not a sought after skill for jobs in the US.

I was appalled to see my tax dollars, at a University chartered to serve the people of this state, run this way. It was also disgusting to see faculty and representatives of the school referring to the students as "stupid". I Guarantee you, this info will circulate among local employers.

Bad dept, bad attitude - better to attend a more respectable CSU online. Yes, that's right, schools no longer have location advantages!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Reputation: D+

Old Dominion University (VA) 1:neutral

Becker College (MA) 1:neutral

Brock University (Canada) 1:neutral

Albright College (PA) 2:neutral

Compare CSUSB/CalState-San Bernardino BusinessSave CSUSB/CalState-San Bernardino Business