StudentsReview :: San Diego State University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I just finished my first year at SDSUNot so brightAccounting
I just finished my first year at SDSU as a transfer student. I had the option of transferring to several of the UCs but opted to attend SDSU because it is clearly in full upswing and I was excited to be a part of the upward momentum. If you get the chance to live on campu do so. It's just easier to meet more people that way. The beginning of the year is full of awesome events, so take advantage of that, and try to join as many clubs as you can. I also advise incoming transfer students to hit the ground running. I was a 4.0 student coming in but I found myself having to put in A LOT more effort into my studying.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2016
Preparedness: Reputation:
I recently finished my first year at SDSU.AverageBusiness - Management and Administration
I recently finished my first year at SDSU. I am an undergrad who lived on campus. Personally, my dorm was the worst on campus, I had the privilege of visiting every other dorm on campus and all I have to say is stay away from Tenochca. My residence hall was always dirty, loud, and broken down. It was also on the farthest side of campus. Enough about that, the academics were tougher than I initially expected but after suffering the blow of my first semester I was able to find a job and work 20+ hrs a week second semester and still earn a 3.0. The campus is absolutely beautiful, probably the most beautiful I have ever seen. One of the biggest turn offs for me was how large the Greek life is. A little less than 20% of the students are Greek but I swear that is incorrect because walking around campus you spot a lettered shirt or tote on nearly every other student. I was never super interested in Greek life mainly because Im not the most outgoing individual who needs constant companionship. But the parties are always fun, if you enjoy plastic bottles of vodka mixed with the cheap fruit punch. The only downside is that some frats are exclusive about who can come into the party and who cannot. Some frat parties only allow sorority girls or claim to be at capacity. I have always felt safe at night but every weekend someone gets assaulted or robbed. The campus holds a lot of events during the beginning of the year but I never attended any because I was typically too busy drinking. SDSU is what everyone says- a party school! What I like is how large the school is; 31,000 students. This can also be a difficult environment to learn in because undergrad lectures contain 500 students. But with all the diversity and people, you are sure to find at least one friend but most likely more. I always loved attending sporting events so a large student body makes for fun and spirited football and basketball games. The ARC (aztec recreation center) aka the gym is the greatest part of the school. There is a steam room and exercise classes are offered everyday. We also have a rock climbing wall. Another awesome feature is the aquaplex that has a pool for lane swimming, a lounging pool, a jacuzzi, and sometime they put up a volleyball net or basketball hoop. We have a bowling alley on campus as well. There is a trolly stop and bus stop right on campus perfect for commuters or anyone who doesn't have transportation and wants to go downtown or explore the city. Overall SDSU was my top choice and I feel blessed everyday to call myself an Aztec.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Preparedness: Reputation:
If you need financial aid this school isQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
If you need financial aid this school is a train wreck turn around now and apply at USD. The staff is rude, unethical and lies a lot. If you are an older student then definitely turn around. I have never been so disrespected in my life. I can't tell you how many times I was asked if I was a parent or a student. The staff as well as the faculty treat you like you are still in high school and will never be honest enough to admit they made mistake. In one on my classes a student called another student raciest, and the professor did nothing about it.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015