StudentsReview :: Stanford University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Stanford's academic reputation definitely helped me in theQuite BrightEconomics
Stanford's academic reputation definitely helped me in the corporate world, since a Stanford degree is looked very highly upon in most corporate circles. However, I think I honestly would have been happier at a smaller liberal arts college, since I was kind of lost at Stanford, and partied too much probably because it took away some of the stress. Too many giant lecture classes with TA's and professors who I had trouble understanding (didn't speak english clearly. Also it was definitely an extremely competitive atmosphere with lots of overachievers. I was used to being the "smartest kid" from a large public highschool where it wasn't cool to be smart (you had to hide it), and at Stanford I was immediateley intimidated by all the prep school kids who flaunted their intellect. I wish I had the confidence then that I do now, since I think I would have gotten more out of it educationally. However, people do tend to look at you with more respect when you tell them you graduated from Stanford, so a Stanford degree obviously carries a lot of clout in the real world. I do recommend high school students visit the school and don't get carried away by it's reputation - since if I had visited schools, I think I might have made a different choice. But it all worked out for me, so I can't complain! Interestingly none of my kids chose to apply to Stanford although I think they probably would have gotten in.
Starting Job: Logistics Manager; Preparedness: B Reputation: A
Stanford made a tremendous difference in my lifeQuite BrightEconomics
Stanford made a tremendous difference in my life through exposure to bright and interesting classmates, and excellent faculty. Most of us acquired a personal identity as "Stanford students" in which we took pride and which we were loath to surrender at graduation. Not everything was perfect and not everyone was highly intelligent or nice, but the place was about as much of a Mecca as it could be given it was full of ambitious teenagers.
4th Year Male -- Class 1982
Starting Job: Logistics Manager; Preparedness: B Reputation: A
Stanford is quite simply the best university inNot so brightEconomics
Stanford is quite simply the best university in the world. Great weather, engaging academics, brilliant people, laid back atmosphere, welcoming dorms, awesome sports teams, and strong alumni network. I want to fail my senior year classes just so I can stay longer. The best part is the intellectual vibrancy-- its hard to go back into "the real world" after being surrounded by such excellent, driven people. People who do not thrive here are the introverted types-- Stanford is type-A all the way.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006