StudentsReview :: Colorado State University Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Fantastic school!Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Fantastic school! I'm an out of state student who wanted to experience something new and I am so happy I chose here. The students, for the most part, are friendly and willing to help you out with a quick question. Living in the dorms last year helped me make a bunch of new friends which was nice becasue I knew no one coming here.

My biggest complaint is "ram welcome" which is the "orientation" for freshmen. It made me feel like I was at 2nd grade summer camp.

Fort Collins is awesome! Old town has a bunch of fantastic restaurants and the town has outdoor activities (minus skiing) about a 10 minute drive away.In terms of classes, it seems like the class is either easy or hard. I haven't had any class in between but I feel like I'm learning things that will apply for my future career (after getting all the GE out of the way)

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
Overall the school is ok.Not so brightFinance
Overall the school is ok. There is a lot to do with the mountains being so close skiing, boarding, snowmobiling and horseback riding.

The worst thing that I have had to deal with is there financial aid office. I have never been in an office like this. The people lie to your face act like they don't know what they are doing. I was told by 4 different people I would get a certain amount of financial aid and then found out after class had started, it was 2500 less then what they had told me. When you call their office they get rude and act like you're a dumb ass. Because of my experience with their office I wish I had never come here. I spent 10 years in the military and never dealt with so much incompetence in my life. If you have to apply for financial aid I would recommend going to a different school. Parents beware of this schoolAlso if you're a business major you can't talk to a Counselor until you get accepted into their school of business. SO if you have any question on what to take good luck finding out.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Preparedness: Reputation:
This review is for the Colorado State UniversityQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This review is for the Colorado State University (CSU) Global Campus. I have been 100% happy with all but one class, but the one class led to a grade appeal that caused me to find out how horrible the administrative support is at this school.

Go here if you want, but be aware that they feel that professors owe you only numerical grades (a job teaching assistants do at most real schools) and not actual feedback, help, or instruction. If you get an unexplained poor grade and appeal it, all they will do is point to the grading rubric and say "here's where the points were deducted." They will not show you what in your paper was wrong or missing or ask the professor to do so.

If you are satisfied with a numerical grade without feedback and with the knowledge that you will never get an explanation if you don't understand a grade, attend classes through CSU's Global Campus. Professors at this institution are basically glorified TAs. They give you a number and sometimes respond to discussions. The rest of the course is pre-designed for them and all they have to do is fill in some blanks. The course designers also often spell simple words like "exercise" wrong in assignment guidelines, and I have found several answers to tests that were incorrect in the system.You'd learn as much from "attending" your average online diploma mill and purchasing a few used textbooks from Amazon.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012