StudentsReview :: Fairfield University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I come from a middle-upper class family.BrightFinance
I come from a middle-upper class family. I experienced private and public school. This is an amazing university. I play rugby and love it and I am apart of many other different clubs. The party scene is crazy fun. Always a darty on the beach almost every weekend even in the winter we themed darties( like santa con). Most of the parties are on campus at the townhouses. The first night some juniors are going to be on their high horse and not let you into their townhouses but trust me after that its pretty much a free for all. I made a ton of junior friends my first semester so pretty much every weekend I had an invite somewhere but if you don't find junior friends you'll still be able to get into parties. The beach also is a big spot mostly on saturdays(all day and night). We have this rep of being the rich dumb kids. SOOOOOO NOT TRUE. Yes it may be true that we have kids who bought their way into the school but I have friends that picked Fairfield over Bentley, Union , Providence and Northeastern. You're never going to find a college that doesn't have snobby people, Id say out of the 1000 kids I've met here, 5 are completely full of themselves. That's what you are going to get with a well respected school that rich people send their kids to and that's just life. In terms of classes, you need to go and if you study you'll do great, work load is overwhelming a little at first your first semester especially taking financial accounting or if you're a nursing major, but by second semester it will be a breeze, they definitely give you harder classes in the beginning. The town of Fairfield is incomparable to any other college town. It has everything to do and more. Every food, shop and need you can even imagine is in that town I swear to god. It is also a very high end town for pretty wealthy people so it is VERY SAFE. You can walk to the beach in about 10 minutes.I definitely dont regret coming here. Senior friends I have found jobs and internships wherever their hearts desired. (More internships than students), all around the world. Please dont listen to these bad reviews, its worth the money and is a no brainer when looking at the next four years of your life.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920
Preparedness: Reputation:
Entire school is filled with small minded arrogantQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Entire school is filled with small minded arrogant idiots. Had a classmate whose last name was irish yet always pretended that he was connected to the Italian mafia and could make one phone call and have any problem taken care of at a moment's notice. He said his best friend from high school wad a gang member but turned he never was. Most students watched the sopranos and pretended they were connected. A few students were capable of intellectual discourse but not many. The faculty seemed disingenuous and demoralised. It is a school for students whose family is rich or from an upper middle class background. Very little diversity and very few outlets for fun and community engagements. Not worth the money as of 2001. But maybe it changed.
4th Year Male -- Class 2001
Coming from a public high school, I wasQuite BrightAccounting
Coming from a public high school, I was scared coming here. I almost transferred my freshman year...but that seems to be a common theme amongst freshmen here. I stayed, and am so glad I did. Some positives: FU does more for freshmen than any other school I've heard of. Nigh activities, classes with people on your floor, 'late nights,' and other activities that are actually pretty cool. Next: recruiting. FU has great connections with businesses and companies, add in the alumni, it's a GREAT school to get a job. Negatives: people are out of touch. Like I said, I almost transferred because I didn't meet anyone I really liked right away. It took me until Junior year to really find my niche. Advice: come with someone if you can, and two, drinking is prevalent...you've been warned. Final words: it gets better with age. Freshman year was surreal, sophomore year got better, junior year living in the townhouses was amazing, then senior year living at the beach is unreal. Oh one more thing, NYC isn't as close/easy to get to as FU makes it seem.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015