StudentsReview :: The State University of West Georgia Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

The administrators at the school were recently excitedBrightAccounting
The administrators at the school were recently excited about the record number of new enrollees. What they conveniently don't mention is the standards are lower. It seems they have picked quantity over quality. It does pay better, afterall. This leaves the classroom environment an aggravating place. There are students that can't write a simple paper or approach professors with questions speaking full sentences. Crime is going up and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a connection. The surrounding city is dull. Student life and environment is a horrible joke. The school keeps growing and parking has become a disaster. Someone had a smart idea to remove parallel parking on campus at the same time. Now students are parking on a dirt patch outside of campus. I don't even know who that land belongs to. Professors in my department have been awesome. I guess they're the light at the end of the tunnel.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Preparedness: Reputation:
For the most part UWG is a good school.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
For the most part UWG is a good school. They really care that you understand the material and you actually learn what you will use for the real world. The huge downside to this school is that I like I'm in the projects! There are times that I think a gang shooting could happen at anytime. I don't understand how people with broken, sloppy, and hard to understand english get into this school. I really care about my school work and spend a lot of time studying and there are just too many distractions here for me to stay. Overall feeling of this school would be disappointment.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
UWG's business program is rated one of theQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
UWG's business program is rated one of the top in Ga; however, if I had to decide btwn UWG and other top schools such as Ga State, UGA, Tech, etc...I would choose one of those. UWG's academics are above avg compared to some other GA institutions; however, UWG's reputation amongst employers is not quite where it needs to be (depending on the degree). As a dual business degree holder, it was very difficult to get a job after graduating. Many of my peers went on to attend grad school at UWG, and I would not recommend those who have a BBA from UWG to also pursue an MBA from UWG because your marketability will not increase much versus obtaining an MBA from another reputable institution.

Social life for the most part sucked when I was a student. There was at least one party a week; however, those were off campus parties. On campus social events were below average. However, after graduating, I have observed that social life at UWG has somewhat gotten better since I was a student. I would recommend UWG over any HBCU in GA! I would recommend UWG over schools such as Ga Gwinnett, Ga College & State U., etc. However, if you have the opportunity to choose between a university such as Ga. State or UWG, choose State...your chances of landing a career after graduation is higher.

4th Year Female -- Class 2009