StudentsReview :: Valdosta State University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

My first year here was not all bad,BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
My first year here was not all bad, but there's only two things to do in this town, get into trouble or nothing at all. Since I've been down here someone has died almost every semester ( ran over, murdered) and it's ridiculous. The police force down here I believe is racist and the city does not allow sorority housing because they consider them to be brothels. The city shuts down at two so don't expect much clubbing and just going home. That's when people get into things. The city of Valdosta is just horrible. They pulled my friends and I over and had us sitting in the cold for three hrs because the driver violated traffic rules which need to be brought up to date anyway. I hate that city and I would advise people not to go. The campus and the city are disgusting. Roaches everywhere even Blanton which is the off campus apartments most people live in. The whole city is just trifling. Enrollment is down so they are trying to get every penny they can from you. Even forcing you to take the most expensive classes to "prepare" you. The food is gross. They'll just whip anything together. The staff looks like they pick their noses while cooking. There were flies all over the salad bar and one in my cake. I have pics of it too. The people though as in students and faculty are pretty cool though. No matter the skin color. Teachers are awesome and the offices are helpful but the advisors are dumb. They made take a class about valdosta state -_- but the lady that helps incoming freshen is the one that will put you in there so she's just making sure she has a job. Every teacher I had there was amazing and super nice. I'll miss them. I just finished my second year. If I could put Valdosta in like Marietta I could almost deal with it. But hopefully my new school will have good teachers too. Overall don't trust the police idc what color you are, the food will kill you but they are nice, and carry bug spray. They are everywhere
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Preparedness: Reputation:
I can't say enough about my entire positiveAverageBusiness - Management and Administration
I can't say enough about my entire positive experience at Valdosta State University. The beautiful campus is just the beginning the professors in every department were very knowledgeable and helpful. The vision of true leadership that I learned and how to be a self starter and properly manage organizations in a smaller class size environment is why I am so successful today. I thank VSU everyday for the experience and I am proud to be a VSU Alumni!! If I had the opportunity to return to any university it would no doubt be VSU!
Starting Job: Store Manager; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+
VSU is a great school! The students areQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
VSU is a great school! The students are easy to get along with and nice. The faculty to student ratio is amazing, I can honestly say that I've received personal one-on-one attention/time with all of my teachers! They will stop in the middle of their lesson, to help you with any problems or concerns. I love my housing/dining options. The campus is simply gorgeous, its probably the only school in Georgia with palm trees and spanish-mission style architecture.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014