StudentsReview :: Northern Illinois University Business School

Meeting People
7.7 (B+)
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Northern is very quickly destroying their reputation dueBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Northern is very quickly destroying their reputation due to the 2nd chance program. Students who are not serious about school are admitted and create and undesirable learning environment on campus. Secondly, It's dangerous here; I feel safer in the city than here. Also, the general student population is just simply mean. Good luck finding a few decent friends. Lots of racism towards races other than African American here. Party scene is good due to greek life. Faculty can be rude, but I also had a few great teachers. Marketing dept. professors are amazing, to say the least. I'd have to say the worst part of my experience here was the living situation. I had a wonderful roommate, but an awful suitmate. After hundreds and hundreds of dollars in damage to my personal property, and threats to physically harm me from my suitmate, I went to my RA (aka CA) who did nothing. I then went to the Tower superior, Patrick, with my roommate and her mother and explained our issues. He also did nothing. Nothing was done about the issues until the last week of school when a teacher filed a police report regarding these issues. Then I got spammed with calls, emails, voicemails, and sticky notes on our door from Patrick, Assuming his job was in trouble. I decided to leave it all behind, as I transfered to another school. I advise you do a lot of research before attending this school.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Preparedness: Reputation:
I didn't like thisAverageEconomics
I didn't like this school. The teachers were ok but the student body was terrible. I made very little friends at this school. I have nothing but dissappointing memories of this school.
Starting Job: Floor clerk at CME; Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F
Faculty is quite rude.Quite BrightAccounting
Faculty is quite rude. If you are trying to apply or get in, they are super nice and once you are a student and have a problem, they won't help you. They see you as a problem, not as a reason for NIU for existing.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2013