StudentsReview :: Ball State University Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Horrid "school.Super BrilliantAccounting
Horrid "school." I HATE it here. They have the worst website ever devised, they make students park half an hour away, the employees are rude and lazy, the parking spots are too small and rare, they have HORRID customer service, their wifi does not work half the time, their email does not work frequently, and I could go on. Literally the worst "school" I could have chosen. What did I do to deserve this hell hole of a "school?"
1st Year Male -- Class 1921
Preparedness: Reputation:
A complete waste of four years at BallQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
A complete waste of four years at Ball State. Muncie is a living hell and most of those in Muncie hate BSU - the only institution / organization that keeps that town from totally going down the drain.

The university is nothing but a 'wannabe'. They try to be like Indiana University but the attempt at such a comparison is sad and pathetic. Most professors were decent at best with very few above average. Some were employed in education because there is no way they could survive in a real job.

Most students called it 'Suitcase College' because of the mass exodus on Fridays when students went home for the weekend since there was not much, if anything, keeping them there.

The university could care less about students and alumni. They just exist to collect their checks and go home. They advertise and brag about the beautiful and technologically advanced campus. It doesn't matter if you don't care about your main asset - the student body. Remember this - you can dress up a pig, but it's still a pig. Don't be fooled by what you are told, Ball State is a second-rate school in a miserable dying town. You can do better than Ball State.

Starting Job: Claims adjuster; Preparedness: D Reputation: F
I had already finished college and a master'sQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I had already finished college and a master's degree from so-called "elite" schools when I started working at BSU. They offer great tuition benefits to their employees and Muncie was very boring, so I did the MBA program in the evenings and summers in order to add another credential and go for better jobs later on. So, I had a lot of experience at other schools before going to BSU.

This was also in the late '80s, when MBA programs were hot-hot-hot.
Most of the people I saw in my MBA program were older students, grownups who were already employed but needed to keep up with the young hotshots. They worked really hard and took school seriously, and got a lot out of the program. I did too--I am a nerd by nature and love school, and it was interesting and different to study business when my previous education was in the liberal arts. Professors were good, really rose to the occasion when they found students who were motivated. Academically I found the material easy and cruised through the program with straight A's (even in statistics!).

The undergrads...well, they were nothing special. Kind of immature and interested in partying more than studying. I kept to the older students.

Now that I am out I find that the business knowledge I got has stood me in very good stead and helped me in my career, especially at first when MBAs were not a dime-a-dozen. It was impressive to have a MBA degree and everyone knew Ball State, so I kind of cruised there too.

So, yeah, get your MBA at Ball State but if you are serious about it, take the night classes and hang out with the grownups.

Preparedness: A Reputation: D