StudentsReview :: Indiana University - Southeast Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

This school is a joke.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This school is a joke. Professors are nice, but do nothing to prepare you for the real world. All they care about is loading you up with a bunch of information and theoretical bull that makes THEM look good, but does nothing for students. My degree from this school in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing leaves me at the bottom of hiring manager's lists for good candidates for jobs. Therefore, even after years of industry experience, I am unemployed and have to spend money that I don't have to get a different college degree (from somewhere else) because the degree I have from I.U.S. is useless.
Starting Job: Account Manager; Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Being in my last year I look backNot so brightAccounting
Being in my last year I look back and am very disappointed. Tutition has doubled in my 4 years here after they bait you with a "low tuition" cost leader approach. Now they're all about "powerful degree". This place can preach positioning but don't even have they're own position figured out. Also while several professors here are very knowledged (IUS's highlight by far) the Dean of my school is nicely put... a joke. No interest in students what-so-ever. Also they DON'T try to get you a job after college no matter how much you beg them for information and blow huge amounts of money on technology and advertising that sky-rockets the rates. I'd give this place a B for quality of education and a huge F for management, respect, and ethics.
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Starting Job: Account Manager; Preparedness: F Reputation: F
There are a lot of VERY good professorsQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
There are a lot of VERY good professors at IUS that really know their line of work and would help you all day if you asked. There are others however that are just there to take up space and get your money. I'm a "Dean's List" regular there and even spent time on the "Chancellor's List" for academic achievement. All that aside, when I had a simple issue with a professor that could have been resolved in two minutes, the higher faculty went to great lenghts to conceal this issue, even personally attacking me and unethically affecting my grade to shut me up. I've spoke with 2 Deans and 3 Vice Chancellors at the institution. Chancellor refused comment. The reality is once you've paid, they really don't care what happens. They all claim to have no power when it comes time to act. If you take away all Deans, Vice-Chancellors, and Chancellor you have a pretty good institution; their existence there is a formality to look like a bigger college than it is. I'd rate the college on its base level pretty worthwhile to attend, just know before attending that you're nothing more than a number to them once you pay. If you can take that in stride, then the education portion and lower price may be worth it to you. -A 3-year experienced student-
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012