StudentsReview :: The University of Iowa Henry B. Tippie College of Business Administration

The University of Iowa Henry B. Tippie College of Business Administration

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I think my problem with this school wasNot so brightBusiness - Management and Administration
I think my problem with this school was I had a lot of expectations that never happened. The education is just OKAY, no classes to hard or to easy. The social life here sucks if you aren't in greek life (and even more so if your hall sucked like mine did). Police are everywhere. Not a fun town at all. Iowa City is just small with very little to do besides drink and go to the bars. The program was fine, but didn't make me want to stay here. I transferred to a city school in a nearby state and had a lot more success in just about everything. Puke is everywhere. Fraternities and srats are both equally awful in different ways. But hey, if you want that kind of classic greek life college experience you should for sure check this place out (however, I don't think any people with that kind of experience are checking student reviews).
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Preparedness: Reputation:
Would not trade my UIowa experience for anything.Super BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
Would not trade my UIowa experience for anything.
-Academics: Some Gen Eds are pointless, but that's pretty consistent with any college in America. Within my major, I always felt like the courses were exactly what I expected from a college class. Challenging enough, but not impossible. You definitely need to study and work hard to get a business degree here, but my professors/TAs were always willing to see me outside of class to help out with anything I was confused about.

-Opportunities- At Iowa, I held two internships on campus and completed a couple of independent honors projects. These experiences were huge in terms of getting a job post-graduation. So, despite being a large school, you can still get experiences that really help you succeed in the real world if you are willing to exert the time and effort to find and complete such extra curricular projects.

-Social life- Iowa is a top ten party school consistently. If you aren't into the party scene, you will probably not like going here. If you are into drinking, then Iowa will be the time of your life. Greek life is a good option for those interested, but its not the kind of school where people ask you what house your in or judge you for joining/not joining a particular sorority or frat. On another note, the people are nice and are not judgmental, so its also a great atmosphere for when your 18-22 and are trying to "find yourself". Lots of school spirit and sports are huge at Iowa, which is fun and relatively cheap. In addition to drinking, there are other great things about the area - shopping, restaurants, farmers market, music, plays, sports. There is a culture beyond the drinking scene for those who are interested.

4th Year Female -- Class 2009
It okay. I thoughtBrightFinance
It okay. I thought it would be much harder than it was. I got a 3.96 my first semester after I came from community college. There are too many Chicago and Chinese kids.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015