StudentsReview :: McNeese State University Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Going to McNeese without looking up anything aboutQuite BrightFinance
Going to McNeese without looking up anything about it had to be the worst decision I ever made. When enrolling I was expecting the full college experience and I was sadly mistaken when I arrived here. I was expecting at least a few like minded individuals that I could befriend but again I was sadly mistaken. Everyone here seems like they are cut from the same high school cloth. Not a shred of diversity among them. Their music, you don't even want to know. I'm all for mindless rap every now and again but my main passion is music with substance and not one single person seemed to understand that. Going to parties was the single wost thing to do. This school seemed to be a haven for the close-minded and closet racist. The food was disgusting on most days. There would be a few redeemable days but for the most part it was just bad. It was almost as if the faculty didn't realize (or care) that some students actually relied on their food to get by. The campus is so small that if literally feels as if you've stepped right back into high school with all of the drama and ignorance all over again. I would constantly hear the affairs of people that I had only seen around, everyone's personal business is pretty much common knowledge here. It's like all some of the people at this school have to do is talk about others. If you live on campus trying to avoid someone is literally inevitable. Weather your walking somewhere or going to class YOU WILL SEE THEM. If you go the cafeteria, believe that you have been spotted and they sort of know you now. Being here I expected to make friends with all sorts of people, to have many different friend groups to enjoy myself with, but that is not the case here. It seems as that all of the white kids flock to each other as do the black kids, some kids even come from schools with segregated proms. SEGREGATED PROMS, can you even believe that? In essence if you are from a small neighboring town or from Lake Charles itself and this is the only thing you've ever know that it will be a great experience for you to enjoy. I however am use to open-minded individuals who are open to anything and like to focus on our interest instead of what other people are doing. I was literally a black sheep. I urge you, do not go here. I poured two years of my life into this shit hole and I regret all of it. Some of the people who have positive reviews on the website sort of scare me a little. I promise that I'm not exaggerating. This school literally made me depressed with boredom. Sitting around on the weekends twiddling thumbs with nothing to show for it. Not to mention the poor amenities. The dorms are so poor is should be a shame. Never do the air conditioners even work, and when maintenance is called over they actually seem to have a sour attitude to you requesting your services. It's so bad that a member of housing quit because of his relationship with maintenance. Save yourself from these six buildings they call a college and go somewhere that isn't the ass end of Louisiana. This school is losing people and losing them fast. They actually have a service where other students can report students in suspicion of leaving to have administration convince them to stay. Don't hop on this sinking ship, this message is my warning to others, to not join the same fate as me.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Growing school.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Growing school. It may not seem like the best at your first glance, but spend a day or even just 12 hours and you will feel at home.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
McNeese State is anBrightAccounting
McNeese State is an appropiately sized university. The classes are not overwhelminly huge. The professors will take their time with you during their office hours. They really care about you passing as long as you put forth the effort.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2006