StudentsReview :: Tulane University Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Not so brightBusiness - Management and Administration
Best experience of my live. If I had to choose again I would choose Tulane.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Preparedness: Reputation:
New Orleans is a great city and byQuite BrightEconomics
New Orleans is a great city and by extension, Tulane is a great school. There is an amazing party culture. If you're a girl, you will slut it out. If you're a guy, you will become an alcoholic.

You will enjoy the place regardless the stereotype you belong to. You will meet your fair share of annoying liberals, men-hating feminazis, party animals, fraternity men (and their annoying frat bros), sorority ladies (and their sister sorostitutes, who aren't even that hot :[ ), crazy hippies (and indie-hipsters) and a bunch of other crazy characters.

It seems like almost everybody is from the greater NY area, especially from long Island and NJ. By extension, that means a lot of uglies and a lot of guys with great game. But don't worry, you will get laid with decent game. If you don't have any, buy Bang by Rooshv (it helped me).

Administration can be a bitch at times but if you're resourceful enough, you can literally do everything for free.

If you're an incoming freshman guy reading this, be sure to rush and pledge. I know you don't feel like a frat-bro but the Greek life here is pretty great, even for a liberal private school.

If you're an incoming freshman girl reading this, you will have the time of your life. Just don't be a prude and don't become a lesbian (yes, that means don't take any gender studies classes. Every girl that has taken one goes from a free-spirited lovely to a hideous penis-hater).laissez les bon temps rouler!

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Preparedness: Reputation:
Going to Tulane was the best decision I'veQuite BrightFinance
Going to Tulane was the best decision I've ever made in my entire life. I had friends that went to higher-ranked colleges who felt "meh" about their experiences; in contrast, I honestly feel that there is NO WAY someone could have had a better college experience than I had at Tulane. Read through the other positive reviews - I don't want to type out what others have already said - to see why I loved the school, and more importantly, the city. You want to go to Yale? Have fun in New Haven, Connecticut as an 18-21 year old...

More importantly than fun, how was the value of Tulane for me? I studied Finance and Management (double major) as well as a minor and a specialization and other random things, and I'm working in investment banking now at a bulge bracket bank - something that most people in finance claim is nearly impossible to do from a "non-target" school - aka not Harvard, UPenn, Georgetown, MIT, etc. Most of the guys I work with went to UPenn, USC, and UCLA. So I'm happy to offer advice to anyone whose heart says Tulane but who's wallet and mind tell them that it's not a good choice for their future finance-related goals. I can't vouch for other majors - most of my liberal arts friends are still searching for employment - but I think that's the standard across all schools, especially in this economic environment.

My advice? Get involved. I must have been on the listserv (email mailing list) for 99% of the clubs at Tulane and I'd go to meetings all the time if I felt like it. Get on the facebook group that tells you every day where there's free food happening on campus. Don't spend even 5% of your time at the same uptown college bars - go to Mid-City, the Bywater, the Marigny, the Bayou St. John. Go to the alligator farm in Covington, go on swamp tours in the Jean Lafitte Preserve, go to the abandoned six flags theme park in New Orleans East, go on hiking trips in Mississippi. Tulane has the most amazing surroundings, and the folly of 85% of Tulane students is that they get stuck in the uptown bubble and never experience the city and the geographic location.Take my words with a grain of salt, because Tulane's tuition HAS been hiked. I had two scholarships and still had to front quite a bit of money. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I'm able to pay it off these next couple years with my job, but all in all you need to plan wisely with your parents and with financial aid (although they can be kind of unhelpful, so I'd even consider going to an external financial adviser to talk about your long-term plans and planned future career).

Starting Job: Financial Analyst; Preparedness: B Reputation: D+