StudentsReview :: The University of Southwestern Louisiana Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I should have done way more research beforeQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I should have done way more research before choosing to throw away money at this school. Technically I'm an "out-of-state student". Mind you that, 1. Yes, I attended and graduated from a high school in Texas whose county line was on the Texas/Louisiana border anyway, and 2. I transferred here after completing 2 years of college work at a different Louisiana University. With being said I should have ran for the hills after my transfer paperwork was somehow mysteriously messed up and in the university's words "incorrectly answered". You see I was accepted in to the university by transfer but once I go down there I was told that not only could I not be considered as an in-state transfer student and pay in-state tutuion and fees, I also had to retake nearly 18 hrs. of credits, because upon further review of my previous school's transcript those classes were unable to be transferred. Not because I had low grades but because they had to be taken and only taken under UL curriculum. Since when do school's not transfer P.E. and speech credits??? I was also put on an in-state probationary period where I was required to only be enrolled part-time during the length of 3 consecutive semesters in order to be reclassified as an in-state to avoid having to pay out-of-state fees. Again I was transferring from another university in Louisiana. Had UL would have mentioned any of this bullcrap from the beginning I would have never even considered this place. To make matters worse most of everyone here is a representative of all the small surroundings cities and areas that make up the Acadiana area. Needless to say the vast majority of those people are ignorant, close-minded, incompetent, vindictive, and flat out blatantly racist. This whole area is stuck in 1920s loop were minorities are expected to be subservient to anyone of white cajun descent or anyone whose name ends in 'eaux'. This school, this city, this whole area is a f*****g joke.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Preparedness: Reputation:
UL was a great choice.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
UL was a great choice. It gave me the chance to grow and learn. I went to another University for Graduate School and found that I was very well prepared at UL. Beautiful Campus, Friendly People, Swamp in the middle of Campus, Professors that want you to learn, overall a positive choice. Parking was the only challenge, now they have garages on campus.
Starting Job: Director; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+
UL has been around for over 100 years.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
UL has been around for over 100 years. The Nursing School is the best in the state and one of the top in the nation. Computer Science is outstanding and the Business School prepares you for real life. The campus is having a total makeover done. There are many new dorms, new student union being built, yet it keeps the beautiful buildings from its past. The town is known for its friendliness and Mardi Gras and all of the festivals are a plus. UL Lafayette was just selected as a best value university. It is a good choice for my education.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014