StudentsReview :: Bentley College Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Ok if you're trying to figure out whetherBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Ok if you're trying to figure out whether or not to go to Bentley I'm going to give you the real DL as someone graduating in 4 weeks so listen up. The following are pros, cons, and neutral POIs.

Pros:
-Bentley does provide a stellar education if you're interested in going into business. You'll take sampling courses for every business major within your first two years and they're pretty intensive. You will learn A LOT your first years about business in general before you declare your major, especially if you didn't take business courses in high school like me.

-Classes are generally pretty small and professors are attentive. The professors at Bentley are, for the most part, really awesome. I've had a few that I didn't like personally and a few easy classes but that isn't the norm. The average professor really cares and wants their students to succeed. A lot of them have done really cool stuff in their field, too.

-You'll have a job when you graduate! Bentley career services HUSTLES to get people jobs to stay #1 on that Princeton Review career services rating. If you don't know what you want to do or where to start, career services will get you there. You'll probably have 1 if not a few internships before graduating. This probably doesn't sound like a big thing to you now if you're just thinking of entering college but trust me (and your mom who's probably saying the same thing) THIS IS HUGE.

Cons:
-If you're not interested in business or not sure, you probably shouldn't go here. The curriculum is highly business centered. Even non-business courses teach with a business angle - which is awesome if you're preparing for a career in business.

-Legit everyone here is a Chad or a Becky with a "trust fund" (I learned what that was coming here). The whole rich Bentley kid stereotype is pretty accurate. If you offend someone, their first instinct will likely be to sue. The parking lot here looks like a high end car dealership.

-Diversity is lacking. This is improving slightly but the campus is still overwhelmingly white. This can tend to isolate some groups of students. This issue even comes down to which state you're from. My best friend is from Maine and complains about people being "very Massachusetts" here (I'm from MA for reference). I don't really know what she means but if you hate people from MA in general, Bentley probably is not for you.

-The food is genuinely repulsive. Word on the street is that we are served the same level of food they serve in prisons. Pretty sure I have permanent scars in my digestive track from my days of eating at the infamous Seasons Dining Hall. I've heard it's improving which is great, but that doesn't really say much.

-The arts are lacking. Not sure how many people reading this review and considering Bentley will care, but it's worth mentioning. Bentley's ~trying~ to be more arts-oriented with a new Creative Industries major and various things around that, there's also a talented theater frat and a jazz band but otherwise, if you're artsy like I am you may feel a little out of place.

POIs:
-Bentley likes to brag about being super close to Boston but you really aren't that close. Bentley offers a pretty frequently run shuttle to Harvard Square which is a god send, especially when you're a freshman and can't have a car on campus. This just means you probably won't be spending lots of time in Boston unless you have a lot of cash to spend on Ubers in. The campus and surrounding area do have a very suburban feel.

-While Bentley keeps lowkey about Greek Life and has a love-hate relationship with it, Greek Life is pretty prominent on campus. Most of the parties you go to freshman & sophomore year (if you're into partying) will be at frat houses. This definitely gets old but they are still pretty fun. If you don't rush second semester freshman year like half of the class does, you'll probably find yourself scrambling to find things to do on the weekend. I joined Greek Life as a sophomore and it's something to do, definitely not high-stress or super intense like it is at big schools, and can be a great way to meet people.

-The new (expensive) arena is pretty cool. I'm kind of bummed I won't be able to see our only good athletic team play there next year. Oh, by the way, going to games is generally not a thing here so if you're super into watching sports, reconsider.

-I guess this is sort of a positive but Bentley really ~tries~ to make things fun for everyone by spending money on stuff like Spring Day (our spring concert) and fall concerts and speakers and stuff. Go to these special events when you can!All in all, Bentley provides a good business education, awesome job placement, an eh social experience, and really awful food. I hope you found this helpful!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2018
Preparedness: Reputation:
Bentley is the perfect school for the rightQuite BrightFinance
Bentley is the perfect school for the right person. I love business. I love knowing my professors personally and talking to everyone in my classes. I love being close to a city but having a campus that is it's own community. I love playing division 2 sports. I love being competitive but also knowing everyone here is supportive of each other. I love actually learning a lot from my professors. I love going crazy on the weekends but focusing on school during the week. So Bentley is the perfect place for me.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
If you go to Bentley it is eitherQuite BrightAccounting
If you go to Bentley it is either because you are rich, snobby and not smart enough to go to a good school--even with the help of daddy's money--or because you got a scholarship. Literally everyone here is super rich and super stupid. Seeing a $200,000 revving around campus is a pretty frequent ocurance, actually. There are, however, a small percent of intelligent students who got in on a scholarship that make everyone else look good.

My main negative experiences revolve around many arbitrary grading policies and unethical practices on Bentley's part. To begin, their grading policy is greatly skewed upwards, with a 4.0 being a 95. This is nearly impossible to get as most professors don't assign grades that high. As a result, my friends who do no work and are huge slackers at different schools have as impressive as a gpa without ever doing work. While this may be to try and make Bentley--an average school--try and look exclusive and difficult, it is more likely to try and prevent you from transferring out by making your performance look mediocre. On the other hand, students who put little quality effort in are often graded up to prevent them from failing out, resulting a centered cluster of grades and little reward for putting actual effort into class.

This is THE first time in my academic career where I have felt my additional effort and general intelligence has had little effect on my grades. Additionally, am almost positive that this is intentionally done to prevent transferring from Bentley, where you could go to state school and receive a higher gpa.

The food is kind of shit but no worse than I've heard reported than other schools. The wifi is also very crappy-- two things you'd expect to be able to manage from 60,000 per year per student.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018