StudentsReview :: Bentley College Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Bentley is the perfect school for the rightQuite BrightFinance
Bentley is the perfect school for the right person. I love business. I love knowing my professors personally and talking to everyone in my classes. I love being close to a city but having a campus that is it's own community. I love playing division 2 sports. I love being competitive but also knowing everyone here is supportive of each other. I love actually learning a lot from my professors. I love going crazy on the weekends but focusing on school during the week. So Bentley is the perfect place for me.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
If you go to Bentley it is eitherQuite BrightAccounting
If you go to Bentley it is either because you are rich, snobby and not smart enough to go to a good school--even with the help of daddy's money--or because you got a scholarship. Literally everyone here is super rich and super stupid. Seeing a $200,000 revving around campus is a pretty frequent ocurance, actually. There are, however, a small percent of intelligent students who got in on a scholarship that make everyone else look good.

My main negative experiences revolve around many arbitrary grading policies and unethical practices on Bentley's part. To begin, their grading policy is greatly skewed upwards, with a 4.0 being a 95. This is nearly impossible to get as most professors don't assign grades that high. As a result, my friends who do no work and are huge slackers at different schools have as impressive as a gpa without ever doing work. While this may be to try and make Bentley--an average school--try and look exclusive and difficult, it is more likely to try and prevent you from transferring out by making your performance look mediocre. On the other hand, students who put little quality effort in are often graded up to prevent them from failing out, resulting a centered cluster of grades and little reward for putting actual effort into class.

This is THE first time in my academic career where I have felt my additional effort and general intelligence has had little effect on my grades. Additionally, am almost positive that this is intentionally done to prevent transferring from Bentley, where you could go to state school and receive a higher gpa.

The food is kind of shit but no worse than I've heard reported than other schools. The wifi is also very crappy-- two things you'd expect to be able to manage from 60,000 per year per student.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Preparedness: Reputation:
The word that best summarizes my experience atQuite BrightAccounting
The word that best summarizes my experience at Bentley would be: unpleasant. While many of the professors and classes I've had so far have been excellent, at least 25-30% of them are the exact opposite. These classes are simply impossible to do well in. The professor will grade students based on their own criteria and grading system. It's difficult to find motivation when you already know the best grade possible in a course is a B. Keeping my scholarship has becoming increasingly stressful. Academically, the system here is very unjust. Besides the classes themselves, the university is just disgraceful. They grossly overcharge students for poor quality housing and food that I would expect to find in a prison. Advisers are not knowledgeable at all. The students here all have the same arrogant, entitled attitude. I seriously regret coming to Bentley.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018