StudentsReview :: The University of Missouri - Columbia Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

The professors and staff are all very negativeBusiness - Management and Administration
The professors and staff are all very negative and rude for the most part. Its as if Mizzou has trained the professors to be really strict so people can fail. It seems as if professors set a class in a way that more than half the class can fail. They never cut you any slack. And whenever I have to call any faculty for any help. They are always so rude. I would never recommend this University to anyone. Because the environment is really stressful and causes anxiety.
Mizzou is a great university for those lookingQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Mizzou is a great university for those looking to understand what they want to do in the real world. I came in knowing I wanted to go to the Business School but unsure of my major. After orientation, I was certain the dual degree in International Studies and Business Marketing was the right program for me. I studied abroad in Spain (best decision ever!) and decided to pick up a third Bachelor's degree in Spanish. I went through sorority rush and decided it was not for me. I made great friends in the dorms, from classes, and from friends of friends. Most of my friends were Greek and couldn't have cared less that I was not. Columbia is a friendly town with a great setting for Mizzou. Enjoy it while you're there!
5th Year Female -- Class 2006
I am a junior female in the middleQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I am a junior female in the middle of my 3rd year, and I FINALLY decided to transfer. The only good thing I have to say about Mizzou is that the Trulaske College of Business is excellent-- without it I would have transferred out after my first semester. I am an extremely involved student, a recognizable upperclassmen (in the business school) because of my involvement and positions. I could sing the praises of the TCOB for days-- the advising is great, there are great opportunities if you take advantage of Business Career Services office, the Professional Development Workshops, and if you start getting involved in the bus. orgs and bus. fraternities (NOT to be confused with social fraternities).

This summer I was finally honest with myself though that having a career in business is not what I want. I added a psychology major, and this semester figured out that the psych department really isn't very good or helpful...And since the academic programs were the last reason left for me to hang on to Mizzou, I've decided to leave.

I am from St. Louis, and I feel like I'm surrounded by kids who are still in high school. Most people come with friends from high school in STL or KC and they never grow or reach outside of their circle. I joined a sorority for a year and ended up dropping that because I chose to spend more time with my business orgs instead of pomping, doing Homecoming and Greek Week things with fraternities, going to frats, DOING FRAT GUYS' LAUNDRY!!! (yes this was required one Greek Week to get them to want us!!). I know I'm not the normal MU student because football and tailgating aren't my top priorities, but I just enjoy spending time people without getting drunk/everyone around me getting drunk.

I guess I thought college would be a place where I'd meet people of different political views, religious backgrounds, geographical backgrounds, interests, passions... and no matter where you go it's still like high school! Also, little things that people are close minded about, like when acquaintances hear I'm vegetarian, are kind of annoying. Most students here are planning on going back to STL or KC when they graduate; nobody is searching for diversity.HOWEVER, Mizzou is for a lot of people-- people who enjoy tradition and those who take pride in their school's sports programs. If you are going to college because it's just the next step and are looking to have a good time for 4 years, Mizzou is a beautiful place to do that.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013

Jacksonville State University (AL) 1:positive

California Lutheran University (CA) 1:advice

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

Iona College (NY) 1:negative

Compare UMiss-Columbia BusinessSave UMiss-Columbia Business

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→