StudentsReview :: New York University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

It is shocking to read some of theQuite BrightAccounting
It is shocking to read some of the negative comments, which I think is wrong.
Baruch had a very strong program in accounting and business. The older I get and the more people that I meet have emphasized this point. It really provided a great education.

It also had a great reputation in the field. I have never had a problem getting a job. There is a huge, successful alumni network. Yes, it is a commuter school. Yes, you may not get the traditional college education that you might get when staying in a dorm. However, the educational experience, especially for the money, was exceptional. I have met a number of people who attended more expensive schools such as NYU and PACE and many had large student loans that I didn't need. Trust me, I haven't met anyone in my life that liked having large student loans!!!The key to getting the real benefit from Baruch is to study hard!! Getting top grades is very important and doable if you work hard. I never got rejected from a job that I applied for. I got into a top law school and did very well in my career. However, I don't think I would have achieved the same level of success if my grades were mediocre. Work Hard!! I can't emphasize this enough.

Starting Job: Staff Accountant; Preparedness: A Reputation: A
Beware students that may have to take theBrightEconomics
Beware students that may have to take the department Calculus 1 and 2 courses 2205- THEY ARE FLAWED. From the textbook itself (written by the head of the math department) with numerous errors including many wrong answers, and other tools provided are insufficient to learn the course material. Myself along with many other students feel betrayed and misled by this particular segment. At least have your course material in sync with your department final, but none of this is present. You will need to know this material prior to entering this school. This is just their way of weeding through students but it is wrong and completely unfair to suddenly raise the bar on a department final without holding your end up to par for those to meet. SOMETHING SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS BARUCH.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
I came to Baruch with a full scholarship.Quite BrightFinance
I came to Baruch with a full scholarship. Even with that, I was quite happy to leave. A cold place, with cold professors that have either a poor command of the English language or a complete disregard for the students. They work for a paycheck, and it shows. I transferred colleges, and my current University, although smaller and less known, is MILES AHEAD of this place. At my current university, escalators and elevators work, classes are designed to provoke learning and critical (real-world) thinking, and faculty genuinely care about the students they teach, not a paycheck. Save your money and go elsewhere. AVOID this school.
1st Year Male -- Class 2009