StudentsReview :: Appalachian State University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I'm transferring to another school as soon asQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I'm transferring to another school as soon as I can. This one is the definition of an old-timey country school. Even though I grew up in NC, half the teachers had accents I've only heard in old movies like Deliverance and they were barely understandable. Don't even get me started on the religious stuff.
1st Year Male -- Class 1921
Preparedness: Reputation:
The management program itself is okay, but youQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The management program itself is okay, but you HAVE to be willing to do a little bit of work outside of class to come out with a job offer. That means doing a tiny bit of community service, gathering any kind of work experience, and getting some kind of internship to ensure that you can sell yourself at a career fair. I got an offer two months into my senior year and I will enjoy coasting through the rest of it knowing that I'm going to be okay. Not to mention a bunch of other companies are interested in me. Thanks ASU!!!
4th Year Male -- Class 2016
Having completed two years at Appalachian, I canQuite BrightFinance
Having completed two years at Appalachian, I can say with full confidence that this was a complete mistake to come here. The schools academics are extremely easy, offering no real room to progress as a student. The social dynamics on and off of campus are laughable. Maybe it's coming from a big city, but Boone doesn't have much of anything to offer to those who desire anything more than returning to their hometowns in a dead end job. There's little culture or diversity out of small town kids and the deluded Greek organizations that don't realize they're a joke compared to other universities. There's no real opportunities to engage in anything particularly interesting, with a poor theatre, music, and general arts department cutting out much of the students abilities for self expression. Professors are fine, albeit pandering as they seemingly simplify material to its purest form. I really didn't want to hate this school, I loved what I saw of it back in high school and it isn't an awful school itself, but the community does nothing for me.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017