StudentsReview :: The University of North Carolina - Greensboro Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Terrible school.Accounting
Terrible school. Commuter school. It's a ghost town on the weekends. Nothing to do ever. No school spirit, too much diversity (I'm white and I feel like the minority). No one is friendly, large gay community, absolutly no attractive girls (I've been told there are few attractiive guys as well). DO NOT GO HERE.
I was an adult student, graduating at 37Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I was an adult student, graduating at 37 years old. UNCG was the perfect choice for me. Cheap and relatively painless. The cost is right, one of the cheapest in the state. What I mean by painless is the academics are enough but not too much. Some may say the academics are slack etc etc. Yeah, they are not "challenging" per se. At my age I don't care about challenging; I wanted a degree from a traditional brick and mortar school so I can get a better job. Mission accomplished. Great place for non traditional students, especially for those who need to do more than study and do homework. Thanks UNCG!
4th Year Male -- Class 2011
The ripple effect:BrightEconomics
The ripple effect:

My sophomore year I was pulled over for driving left of center; trust me when I say that Tate st. is narrow with cars parked on either side. I subsequently blew a .06 and was given a ticket. After spending thousands of dollars and completing all of the educational classes, tests and other requirements I figured it would be over and done with. For two years my assumption was correct, then came time to graduate and I was just six credits shy. I was granted the right to walk during graduation. I had to return home in Maine at this time because my father was dieing from a very aggressive form of cancer. After writing to the Finance department about the sheer neglect and irresponsible approach my Business Finance professor took toward the online class I had taken the previous semester, I was denied the request to complete the course work necessary to complete the class. The professors neglect I am referring too was the fact that he would not return either my phone calls or emails and that he was never once in his office on the 14 separate occasions I went to it. I am now a former student and trying to finish the two classes I need to graduate and my ticket sophomore year has finally come back to haunt me. I was subjected to a background check and screening process in order to be allowed to register for summer session. $90.00 later I was officially clean and hoping to register in April. After contacting admissions again to make sure that I would receive my registration code in time to register with all the other students, I was told that I would not be allowed to register until May 10th, ten days after freshmen registration ends. This catch 22 was not explained to me until after I had paid out all of the money to reapply. In fact the first time I was told about the process I was guaranteed that I would receive my code and be allowed to register after completing all the necessary steps.

Now of course I am being bounced around from department to department being told lie after lie about what to do and what I cannot do. The funny thing is that the professor teaching my class is also the head of the Finance department and said to me over the phone and I quote, "oh yes I have nothing to do with that class, you should speak to undergraduate student services about the wait list they handle for summer session classes." Well undergraduate student services knows nothing about any wait list.Do not apply or even consider going to this university. You will be treated like a number in a rapidly growing body of students, which the UNCG neither has the resources or capacity to accommodate.

4th Year Male -- Class 2010