StudentsReview :: Kent State University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Navigating the administrative red tape at this schoolBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Navigating the administrative red tape at this school is absurd. Trying to get in contact with any kind of counselor or professor for any kind of assistance is nearly impossible unless you have all day to wait. I have siblings going to other colleges and they are treated like a valued student rather than just another drone. I never expected to pay so much to be be ignored and treated so poorly.
3rd Year Female -- Class 1921
Preparedness: Reputation:
Worst school ever I wish I never attendedBusiness - Management and Administration
Worst school ever I wish I never attended Kent State. The president, faculty, professors, and everybody else are just awful. They aren't here to provide you with an education they just want to take all your money. Ungrateful and arrogant people who run this place. Worst university ever and I urge everybody to leave or never come here ever.
The nursing students are arrogant along with faculty!BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The nursing students are arrogant along with faculty! One of my professors had to quit because he had parkinsons. He quit right in the middle of the semester and was already behind by 2 weeks in the class. A new teacher was gotten overnight and the class was forced to cram for two exams in two weeks. The new professor changed the syllabus. Another class I had a teacher refuse to accept an assignment because she was technology rigid! I even called the support desk and provided her with a case number and she still wouldn't accept my assignment. I switched from nursing to business. While taking algebra 3 in the Aleks program the Aleks program went cadywompus and my professor couldn't explain what happened. I then advanced into algebra 4 and all the algebra 4 students were given an incorrect code and were then forced to start algebra 4 over again after a week of classes. We were told, "sorry that's the way it is" and then after a while, "we don't want to hear it." I called the dean she was zero help! I complained to counselors and none of them could help and referred me to the counselor that is supposed to help and he was useless! The counselors and staff are friendly enough, but deep down they really are not friendly at all! In fact, it's a charade a big giant facade none of them want to help students or be bothered with student issues. The attitude is we have your money and we can do whatever we want and will, and the student will just have to accept it and pay back the loans. Kent State will not take any responsibility for any of their mistakes, but if a student makes a mistake or doesn't meet deadlines you can rest assured the student will be held accountable and/or kicked out!
1st Year Female -- Class 2019