StudentsReview :: Kent State University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Worst school ever I wish I never attendedBusiness - Management and Administration
Worst school ever I wish I never attended Kent State. The president, faculty, professors, and everybody else are just awful. They aren't here to provide you with an education they just want to take all your money. Ungrateful and arrogant people who run this place. Worst university ever and I urge everybody to leave or never come here ever.
The nursing students are arrogant along with faculty!BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
The nursing students are arrogant along with faculty! One of my professors had to quit because he had parkinsons. He quit right in the middle of the semester and was already behind by 2 weeks in the class. A new teacher was gotten overnight and the class was forced to cram for two exams in two weeks. The new professor changed the syllabus. Another class I had a teacher refuse to accept an assignment because she was technology rigid! I even called the support desk and provided her with a case number and she still wouldn't accept my assignment. I switched from nursing to business. While taking algebra 3 in the Aleks program the Aleks program went cadywompus and my professor couldn't explain what happened. I then advanced into algebra 4 and all the algebra 4 students were given an incorrect code and were then forced to start algebra 4 over again after a week of classes. We were told, "sorry that's the way it is" and then after a while, "we don't want to hear it." I called the dean she was zero help! I complained to counselors and none of them could help and referred me to the counselor that is supposed to help and he was useless! The counselors and staff are friendly enough, but deep down they really are not friendly at all! In fact, it's a charade a big giant facade none of them want to help students or be bothered with student issues. The attitude is we have your money and we can do whatever we want and will, and the student will just have to accept it and pay back the loans. Kent State will not take any responsibility for any of their mistakes, but if a student makes a mistake or doesn't meet deadlines you can rest assured the student will be held accountable and/or kicked out!
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
It is funny that all of the positiveBusiness - Management and Administration
It is funny that all of the positive comments on here about the school have typos. Cant read, cant write, Kent state. I have been at KSU for two years finishing a BA in Business. It is true the school does not care if you are an A student or D student, they just like your money. Half of the teachers dont speak clear English, so you mostly have to learn on your own. I did have some good teachers in my major, like the business building, but other than that I didnt learn much. Seriously if I could of walked in the door and took a test three times a semester without buying a 200 dollar book for each class I would have passed everyone. I am not your typical student, I actually study my field outside of the classroom and with this I ran into trouble with teachers being questioned and challenged on the regurgitated bs they spewed out.

It really is sad that the professors dont care about challenging the students. If I have to sit through one more class of power points and bad English I think im going to move to Mexico or something.

Not to mention the slum housing outside of campus. These houses are worse than anything I have ever seen. The house I lived in had a leaking toilet that was never fixed, the windows all leaked when it rained and mold was all through the house. I had an ear infection for two months and was constantly sick. The parties were all really lame and they only consisted of friends of friends. If you didnt belong or fit in they will let you know and do whatever it takes to get you away from them. Dont even get me started on the Police dept., they like to break the law and conspire against students they dont like. They think it is a game to ruin the lives of students and its fun for them to infringe on the bill of rights and the constitution. This place is the prime example of what is wrong with this country, a bunch of people who dont belong here. They must make up their own rules in order to be valid, trust me you could drop me anywhere and I will succeed, not these people, they are the kids who have to make up rules as they play, because they have no game. I cant wait to ask a KSU graduate what they learned in school. Not a darn thing...

Lutheran Theological Seminary - Gettysburg (PA) 1:neutral