StudentsReview :: Ohio University Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

This was one of the, if not THE,BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This was one of the, if not THE, worst year of my educational career. Miami changed me as a person completely as in I was not myself at all. My family could tell I was on edge every time I went home. I was not myself the whole year. The faculty including majority of the student population are rude and disrespectful. If you do not join Greek life, you are basically an outsider. Yes, not every single person joins Greek life, but you are then categorized as a "geed" and people in Greek life love to call you out on it. My year at this university was far less than what I expected. When I was in the process of trying to transfer, one of the staff stated, "you are making a huge mistake. you are the only person I have seen in all my years of working here try to leave." First of all that is complete bull. I am definitely not the only one who tried to and successfully left that school and I am so happy that I did.
I'm an international student and I got anQuite BrightAccounting
I'm an international student and I got an accounting degree from Miami University last May.
I like Miami University's good opportunity to make connections with the big four accounting companies. And our business courses are good and we can actually learn stuff out of it. But, as an international student, I don't really recommend Miami. First of all, it is in an isolated town. There are not very much entertainment and good shopping malls around. Second, it is a party school, drinking and dancing in the bar is an important part of social life here. If you don't like bars and parties, it's probably hard for you to fit in those American friend circle. Thirdly, the students in business school is really arrogant. They think they are the smarted and hardly want to listen to international student's suggestions in group work. Generally, I feel like students from other states are nicer than in-state students. If you have a chance to go to a University in a big city. Then, definitely not Miami.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Preparedness: Reputation:
I am currently a sophomore majoring in EconomicsBrightEconomics
I am currently a sophomore majoring in Economics at Farmer's school of business. I am also in a fraternity allowing me to get a different perspective of the school. I am personally someone who enjoys learning and doing new things on a daily basis. The majority of students here are mainly focused on Greek life and/or drinking which is alright in moderation. Only thing is, a lot of students here really do not focus on education and those that do are looked down upon by that majority.

The one and only really popular activity to do in the area is drink. There are no strong sports teams other than the declining hockey team, there are no movie theaters within a 15 mile radius, and If you want to do something outside of campus you have to go to the bars or drive 30+ minutes off campus. Drug consumption is also a growing problem for similar reasons as students have little to nothing to do on or outside of campus. There are hundreds of clubs here on campus but about 60% of them, no matter the content, usually relate back to drinking (as I have found from clubs both I and my friends have joined).

Academically here at Farmer's business school I am not impressed by some of the faculty. I have had numerous lazy professors teach little to nothing in their class and that make it hard to visit office hours (even one with no teaching background/degree). Now, as someone who appreciates academic challenges, I am definitely concerned with some of the school's academic culture. Keep in mind, I have also had some great professors, but when you are paying the highest public tuition rate in the state of Ohio I am expecting more.

Aesthetically the campus is really not that bad if you can get over the endless red brick buildings all over campus. There is also little to no landscaping outside of grass and trees which can also become rather tiring and repetitive (this is outside the main tourist areas, about 70% of the campus). Overall, If you are a student that really enjoys drinking while also "going through the motions" academically this is by all means the place for you. If you are a student that finds learning new things interesting while also doing things outside of drinking on the weekends please, look elsewhere.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Preparedness: Reputation:

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

Academy of Art University (CA) 1:advice

Trinity International University Illinois (IL) 1:negative

Art Institute of Houston (TX) 1:negative

Compare OU-BusinessSave OU-Business

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→