StudentsReview :: The University of Rhode Island Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I am from out of state and IBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I am from out of state and I was very excited to attend URI as a senior in HS. When I got here, I joined greek life and met some fantastic people. The problem with this school (specifically as a business major) is that you are just a number. In order to be a business major here, you must maintain a 2.7 GPA in your business classes. These include statistics, business calculus, accounting, and economics. I understand these classes are challenging, but a 2.7 GPA is around a B-. I got stuck with some awful professors, one who barley spoke any english. I failed the class because my professor was very unclear and gave very hard homework assignments. Also, her exams pertained to nothing we learned in class and she only offered extra help at 8 A.M on one day each week. I had a different class during that time so I could not even go! She did not care how her students did or if they grasped any information being "taught." You could come here and get amazing professors, or you can be like me and get the ones who don't know how to teach. If you come here, it's hard not to make friends. However, the professors I have experienced have been awful. I feel as if I wasted $40k this year and learned minimally from the courses I took.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
I absolutely love itQuite BrightFinance
I absolutely love it here at URI! Everyone, from student to faculty, is super friendly and helpful, and the campus couldn't be more beautiful. I'm so happy that I decided to come here!
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Preparedness: Reputation:
I never really wanted to come to theQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I never really wanted to come to the school until I visited and saw how beautiful it was. I knew it was big on Greek life but I heard besides that off campus parties were fun too. Not true. If you're not apart of Greek life then you basically have no social life. Also to go out you need a sober friend with a car which is rare to find and after the past few crazy years cops are so strict that off campus parties are basically none existent. If you're coming from out of state and you aren't in a program here like nursing, pharm, or engineering it's honestly not worth the money they ask you to pay. Campus is beautiful but on a huge hill. Lots of clubs and stuff to join but honestly I would not recommend this school to anyone. I transferred after one semester.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018