StudentsReview :: The University of Texas - Arlington Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

Ok, first I'll say there are some whoBrightEconomics
Ok, first I'll say there are some who go to UTA thinking it is a somewhat easy school, it is not, unless you are super hot with your study skills. The professors are tough. Had a friend who came up from UT Austin and said it was much tougher at UTA. Now, maybe its because the professors don't give a damn, but either way, you have to sit down somewhere and study. This leads to its high attrition rate I believe.

Know the social life for me was ok. I never joined a frat, but the greek scene is surprisingly quite boisterous there and I had friends in frats and sortys. So there were some good parties. Also had friends who were from outside the metroplex that lived on campus as well, so I probably partied more than the average UTA student. Then there are the international students who party too if you give them a try. Friended and dated my share of internationals, which has come in handy after graduation.

Yea, there is some crime...Its a school in an urban area. I never felt "unsafe" though, for the most part.

But I will say academically, like the other reviews say, engineering and nursing is what this school is mostly about. A little bit about business simply due to the schools location. Everything else..meh..So I will say you can make UTA a good college experience, but you will have to work at it, and it will be easier by joining something (greek, clubs, student govt, intramural etc...)..but don't forget to study because they will run you out of there.

5th Year Male -- Class 2010
Preparedness: Reputation:
First of all, this campus is a commuterQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
First of all, this campus is a commuter school in denial. So after 8PM it does not feel like a college environment. In the past semester, crime has escalated dramatically. There are huge parking lots and less people around after 8, so this campus is perfect for criminals to get away with things. Crime has gotten so bad that they stopped sending students crime reports. The school has occasional events planned but they never can execute them well. Usually there are only 2 or 3 things to do and people are extremely shy, awkward, and clicky for college students. The school does not accommodate for the number of commuters that have to stay on campus all day. There is only one place to eat and it is overpriced. It is hard for people that live on campus to find a place to study because of the huge number of commuters on campus. Education department is not good because I found out two weeks into a new semester that they had dropped my Education degree plan a month before the new semester and did not inform me. I asked for refunds on books, classes,and online programs that I had bought for the classes and they refused and also did not help direct me in how to change my major quickly. The Advisors are terrrible! The only way to switch majors is to speak with an Advisor of the department you want to switch to but after waiting 2 weeks to see them, they tell you that they cannot speak with u unless you are that major! It doesn't make sense. I was able to switch my major to Business Administration but had to call about 20 different places to do so. College is already stressful enough, and this school makes sure to give students even more issues to deal with. The business administration majors are not allowed to minor in anything. The business Advisors talk down to you and mess things up. They'll make you take a basic course because you haven't done it even though you might have already taken a very advanced course in that same subject and aced it.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Preparedness: Reputation:
(Excuse my grammar) UTA is A decent schoolQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
(Excuse my grammar) UTA is A decent school with average professors but the Staff is absolutely horrible. They have the worst people working their front desk in every department. I have never been treated this bad! Arlington is such a ghetto area that it almost seems like UTA picks up trash and garbage off the streets and hires them. Examples: parking office is filled with incompetent and racist old women who are very inconsistent about they tell you. This woman tells me one thing then denies it and says its written in our policy, really? I'm supposed to read the manual even after an employee gives me an answer? She should've told me from the beginning that I need to read the policy because she's too stupid to give me the correct information. Business advising department...oh, the horror. The rudest, most inefficient staff UTA can offer even though the advisors themselves are pretty nice. The director is a bitter old woman who will blurt out your academic problems in front of everyone. This woman claimed that she called my name and I didn't respond (even though I was very very careful bc I've been waiting for 8 hours to see an advisor) she tells me to come back another day. I ran out of the office in tears. I hate UTA with a passion and check their graduation rate. It's 40% with 70% retention rate. Yeah this school is ridiculous. I CANNOT WAIT TO TRANSFER OUT.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013