StudentsReview :: The University of Texas - El Paso Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

AverageBusiness - Management and Administration
be ready for some tacos.lol
1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Preparedness: Reputation:
Honestly when I graduated I would have NEVERBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Honestly when I graduated I would have NEVER considered going to UTEP. I applied to many schools, and because of my good GPA I got into many of my choices such as Baylor, St. Marys, UNT, Washington State, and Northwestern. Unfortunately I was unable to leave home due to family issues and decided to go to UTEP until things worked themselves out.

At first I hated it. I was more embarrassed that I was going there then actually trying to look for the good in it. I have in fact learned that it has so much to offer. For those who complain about their majors program, I feel that the Engineering School, Nursing School, Business School, and even the Lib Arts do have profs with great passion and a great curriculum. Then again I asked around for the best classes to take before I registered. The courses I have taken have been very rewarding.

As for campus life, you have look at the events going on around you. Places such Leech grove, Union Breezeway, and the Geology Lawn almost always has an organization, or Greek event going on. If you are really interesting in things that you can be involved in around campus go to the SGA. They have tons of information about campus life. There are tons of events such as the movie premiers, local band shows, and different fun contests. Really you just have to go ask. I personally am involved in Greek life and trust me, tons of things happen on campus.

The surround area of the city does have places to go. There are a good number of clubs, bars, comedy clubs, and concerts to have a good time at. Again you just have to look around and find your own fix in the city.Really some of these responses are just from people who haven't given the school a chance. Its what you make of it. Just give it a chance :)

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Preparedness: Reputation:
UTEP is an alright school.BrightFinance
UTEP is an alright school. The biggest complaint here and from most other people is the fact that its a commuter school. So yes, for the most part campus shuts down after 5. If you want a campus life and want to go to UTEP, I highly encourage you to live in Miner Village because its not quite dead there and not every one there if from El Paso. That being said the school does have a pretty easy pass mentality, if you want to get by with a C. A lot of professors will just prod you along and give you the C. That being said its not quite so easy to get an A in all your classes either. You really do have to put in the work. I got a pretty awesome job in my field making good money out in Chicago after graduation. The moral of the story, if you're going to go to college you can do it just be prepared for the ups and downs and bust your ass off and regardless of which college you went to, you should be ok. I'm working with people that went to Norte Dame, Penn, Pitt, OSU, Drake, Chicago, Northwestern... I'm pretty content.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B

St Petersburg College (FL) 1:negative

Villanova University (PA) 1:positive

Boston University (MA) 1:negative

Loras College (IA) 1:advice

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→