StudentsReview :: Virginia Commonwealth University Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

I was an instate student going to VCU.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I was an instate student going to VCU. I had some friends coming into VCU, however most of them did not stay my friends. Overall I really liked my professors and thought the faculty was great. I was in the business school, which was excellent and most people in the school of business were nice and friendly. However, once you stepped outside the business school, the people were very unfriendly. They would look down at you as you walked by. In my whole year of college at VCU it was not pleasant. The friends that I made eventually transferred. This meant that throughout VCU I was mostly lonely. There is not much to do if you don't go to parties on the weekends. VCU was also full of immature snobs. It was hard making friends if you are somewhat quiet. My thought leaving high school was, that I would be able to move away from the high school drama and the annoying people. However, that stayed with you at VCU. The students did not care about their grades, and seemed that nobody ever exercised. These are two things that I care most about. If you go to VCU, prepare to be lonely. If you go to school in a city, sometimes it's the loneliest place. If you care about academics and being around smart and kind people, then VCU is defiantly not for you!
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
So VCU is actually a difficult school toSuper BrilliantEconomics
So VCU is actually a difficult school to get an A in no matter what major you are. But the school still has frats and sororities despite the hipsters and you still have to work to get past aramark's food poisoning and the cocaine. Great bball team, whatever, but I'm a Mensa-certified genius that just wants to kill herself and seriously the worst parts about VCU are the ones that people protest the capitol for and the min wage for (all of them are stupid and aren't even worth the dollar). VCU is great but people are hippies protesting for the lazy, totally serious about this. The people who feed prisoners should really not be feeding our students. They completely suck.
4th Year Female -- Class 2017
I would choose a different school over VCUQuite BrightFinance
I would choose a different school over VCU if I could do it over again. I graduated last December (December 2013). While in school the career department was very helpful with helping me to create a resume and look for jobs. Now that I have graduated no one from my finance department (my major) or the career department will respond to emails. I have yet to find a job. I think half of it is the economy right now and half of it is that VCU is not on the same level in employers minds as VA Tech or UVA. I can not even currently land a job as a BANK TELLER!! Is that ridiculous or what?! That just proves people don't respect a degree from VCU. I can also say I did not learn very much at all from my time at VCU. Sure I have a bachelors degree now but basically I feel like I paid 5 grand a semester for the last few years just for a title, not a real education. I truly believe if I had just started working right out of high school I would be farther ahead in life right now. So I would say that if you have to go to college go somewhere else, and if you don't then just start at the bottom and work your way up.
4th Year Male -- Class 2013

Central Washington University (WA) 1:negative

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

University of Pennsylvania (PA) 1:advice

Iona College (NY) 2:negative

Compare VCU-BusinessSave VCU-Business

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→