StudentsReview :: Virginia Commonwealth University Business School

Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

So VCU is actually a difficult school toSuper BrilliantEconomics
So VCU is actually a difficult school to get an A in no matter what major you are. But the school still has frats and sororities despite the hipsters and you still have to work to get past aramark's food poisoning and the cocaine. Great bball team, whatever, but I'm a Mensa-certified genius that just wants to kill herself and seriously the worst parts about VCU are the ones that people protest the capitol for and the min wage for (all of them are stupid and aren't even worth the dollar). VCU is great but people are hippies protesting for the lazy, totally serious about this. The people who feed prisoners should really not be feeding our students. They completely suck.
4th Year Female -- Class 2017
Preparedness: Reputation:
I would choose a different school over VCUQuite BrightFinance
I would choose a different school over VCU if I could do it over again. I graduated last December (December 2013). While in school the career department was very helpful with helping me to create a resume and look for jobs. Now that I have graduated no one from my finance department (my major) or the career department will respond to emails. I have yet to find a job. I think half of it is the economy right now and half of it is that VCU is not on the same level in employers minds as VA Tech or UVA. I can not even currently land a job as a BANK TELLER!! Is that ridiculous or what?! That just proves people don't respect a degree from VCU. I can also say I did not learn very much at all from my time at VCU. Sure I have a bachelors degree now but basically I feel like I paid 5 grand a semester for the last few years just for a title, not a real education. I truly believe if I had just started working right out of high school I would be farther ahead in life right now. So I would say that if you have to go to college go somewhere else, and if you don't then just start at the bottom and work your way up.
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Preparedness: Reputation:
My MBA from VCU has been worthless.AverageBusiness - Management and Administration
My MBA from VCU has been worthless. Not only did I not learn anything I since encountered in the real world, but it opened no doors for me-even in Richmond, VA. In fact, I had to move away from Richmond for that reason. Anything I have accomplished since then is no thanks to VCU. The school finally stopped calling me for money-they know that asking me for a donation is a lost cause. Of course, it could be because Richmond is like Roanoke-if you're not from there, you're not wanted. And without a degree from UVA, VMI, or Virginia Tech-you're nobody (in those two Lake Wobegon towns).
Starting Job: Financial Analyst; Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Drew University (NJ) 1:positive

Paul Mitchell the School Tampa (FL) 1:negative

Saint Cloud State University (MN) 1:positive

Baylor University (TX) 1:negative

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→