StudentsReview :: The University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Business School

Extracuriculars
Meeting People
Romance

Undergraduate/Surveys Related to Business School

free shipping isotretinoin forNot so brightAccounting
free shipping isotretinoin for sale legally Does Keflex Have Generic priligy prix Propecia Coupon Form
Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+
Campus is cramped physically.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Campus is cramped physically. Food on campus is okay, but not great. The student union is junky and not laid out well. Housing makes you live on campus the first year. I moved to off campus housing as soon as I could and loved it. Living in the neighborhood allows you to feel like and adult. The best part is the east side of Milwaukee. Seriously, get out and see the neighborhood. Great food, art, entertainment. I basically go to campus to attend classes, and leave as soon as I can. There is a great shuttle program called BOSS that runs at night if you don't want to walk alone. Parties range from awesome to meh. It's all a matter of who you meet and how you like to get down.
Preparedness: B- Reputation: F
I honestly spent an extra 3 semesters moreQuite BrightEconomics
I honestly spent an extra 3 semesters more than I had to at UWM due to bad advising. Every single semester they messed up something major such as failing to process my financial aid, accidentally dropping me from all my classes, losing transcripts, etc.

The econ professors were great and quite helpful, but before that I was actually a nursing major. The professors in that program epitomize the "those who can't do teach" saying. That whole program was SO dumbed down- we actually spent an hour in lab "learning" how to make a bed, and then practicing!

Anyways, safety-wise, I wouldn't carry anything expensive nor would I walk around campus at night. Social life is pretty much non existent- a LOT of students are commuters or non-traditional students. There are also a lot of dumb people who go there. If you are smart, I would avoid classes that require group projects. You'll either get downgraded for the crappy work of others or you'll be accused of not being a team player.

Lastly, I think the salary figures are drastically inflated. I graduated with almost straight A's and got a job in finance and didn't start in the 50's (keep in mind that probably 50% of graduates don't even get a job that utilizes their degree after graduation). And I don't know anyone from there who is making over 200 10 years out. Most ppl stay in Wisconsin and jobs there just don't pay that much. I live in Boston and have been very lucky career-wise and I don't even make that much!My advice: If you are looking for the traditional college experience I would go somewhere else. UWM is like a giant high school for old people.

Starting Job: Bond Underwriter; Preparedness: D Reputation: F